Honored Contributor

One of my guest bedrooms is painted a gray color with blue undertones..  I like it.  Everything seems to go well with that color.  I get a lot of compliments on the room decor and color.

My bedroom is getting painted now. The ceiling has been painted and the walls have been primed...the walls were a wine color with a pale yellow ceiling.

My DH painted the ceiling white and I wanted off white for the walls this time, but my DH  wanted color, but he wouldn't choose one.

Today, we bought a gallon of a medium periwinkle color.  He will paint tomorrow.  I hope we like it.  I am scared. Our bedroom is usually a bolder color and the public  areas are softer.

I have BM Revere Pewter in my LR and DR....I love it.  It's a nice taupe gray. My DR has chair rail and I have White Dove on the upper portion.

i think your plans for a gray bedroom sound great. I like the colors you chose.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady   I painted my bedroom a gray color back in the 80's when it was not fashionable.  I loved it.  The paint was Benjamin Moore but I don't remember the name of the paint.  It was soothing on the eyes.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

We are having our bedroom redone this spring and we plan on going gray (with blues).

My 10 year old (going on 21) asked for a bedroom makeover for her birthday last year.  She wanted to get rid of her pink walls and go for gray.  We picked the most beautiful gray color.  It's very light and looks beautiful with her white furniture and turquoise/teal/blue accents.  My husband and I loved it so much that we made the decision to redo our bedroom this year.

If done well and with the right accent colors, gray can be absolutely stunning!

Honored Contributor

@chessylady I have gray walls, but so light that it's almost an off-white in some lights..(Benjamin Moore Classic Gray) 

I like it more than  I expected I would when the contractor suggested it would be the least expensive way to update a 30-year old room.  The color accepts my existing furniture and major accessories very well.  

Valued Contributor
I chose Soft Pebble (gray) by Behr in my kitchen, living room, dining room & soon to be painted in 2 stairways & 1 hallway. All have crisp white ceiling, trim & baseboards. I have dark wood furniture (kitchen is white) and some Navy blue furniture/sitting pieces. Love it!!!! Very calming & serene to me at least.

Love the idea of a Periwinkle bedroom! Hope it works out. I'm redoing a bedroom next & thinking of blue (or green) walls but not sure.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, do it! I love gray. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady   I add my voice to all the posters in support of grey.  So many beautiful shades to choose from.  If I was repainting I would go with a grey.  My GD just turned 13 and is ready for a bedroom makeover.  She chose grey much to my surprise, but she knows what she wants.  She has white furniture so it will look great.  Enjoy your new grey paint job!

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I am getting the interior of my house painted. My bedroom currently has a chair rail painted white with light blue above the rail and a brighter blue on the bottom. I was on the Kelly Moore website and found a beautiful hush gray for above the  rail and a color called porpoise fin which is a bit darker gray. Does anyone have a gray bedroom and do you like it?

I watched a design show Thursday that said the grays are going away. She used a beige tile in the bathroom. Do you have a sample of your flooring? Take it to the paint store with you. Perhaps a taupe that has both beige and gray would be a good choice. You could choose some gray, some beige, some other colors, and a wild card or two. Take them home and make the selection in the room. Look at different times of the day. Light changes color throughout the day.

Honored Contributor

Sounds lovely!! I painted my interior walls a griege color---beige /grey ----and  it changed to warm or cool depending on the light and time of day, at night it was warmish--looked fabulous and I could put any color with it.  

Respected Contributor

I painted one bedroom gray.  Called Feceral Gray by Sherwin Williams.  It's a very nice shade of gray.  The color I like the most that I've used in my house, practically the entire second floor, is Accessible Beige by Sherwin Williams.  What I like about it is sometimes it looks gray and sometimes it leans more light beige.  Depending on the decor you use.