Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gorgeous ribbons on products

@Mominohio, I smiled at your comment because you remind me of my dear, favorite cousin. She has never met a nice, fluffy towel that she could pass up. She grew up with 6 siblings, and nice towels were the last thing her mom/dad could afford - they all used the same thin bath towels for years. She does the same thing you do - she now buys extra nice towels and saves some for gifts and uses the rest for herself and her family when they visit. You're right - no need to explain what you buy!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Mominohio, I smiled at your comment because you remind me of my dear, favorite cousin. She has never met a nice, fluffy towel that she could pass up. She grew up with 6 siblings, and nice towels were the last thing her mom/dad could afford - they all used the same thin bath towels for years. She does the same thing you do - she now buys extra nice towels and saves some for gifts and uses the rest for herself and her family when they visit. You're right - no need to explain what you buy!

@jannabelle1

I think that as we age, very many of us tend to treat ourselves in some manner or another.

For some women it is lots of shoes or expensive handbags, or closets full of clothing. Other people travel to exotic places. Some invest a lot of money into remodeling their homes once the kids are up and gone, and some buy that expensive fancy car they always wanted. 

I've simply focused on having some nicer basic things than I was able to have for a lot of years. Do I have too many of some of these things? Umm, yes. But it has been my little way of spoiling myself these last couple of years. 

I'm beginning to rein myself in and take stock of what I have, purging a lot of the older things and some of the newer that just didn't turn out to be as good as I had hoped it would. I think we all deserve to have some nice things once in awhile, whether they are a true need or not. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really like her towels.  It seems that all of you followed the washing instructions that came with the towels.  I, on the other hand, use bleach, fabric softener, and dryer sheets, and mine are still like new.  That is the way that I wash all of my towels and I have never had a problem.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom and @Mom2Dogs

You two are full of it -- full of terrific ideas!!

Thanks so much!   A Heart Heart for each of you clever people.   Gives me a lot to consider.

@Mominohio  I'm sure you saw their ideas, but check them out in case you haven't.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.