Respected Contributor

I was out running errands today and stopped by that discount store, Tues. a.m., because I happened to be on that side of town. Look what I found! I think the pattern works very well with my pedestals and wreaths and Chirp plates. The napkins are double-sided so I have to choose which side to use, the floral or the lattice. Which design do you like best? I can't believe my luck! The only negative is that I won't be buying any of VPH's offerings today as I think I have everything I need for spring/summer/Easter dining...LOL!

easter table

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Shopping Luck Today

Looks good. I love when you find something you didn't know you were looking for. I'm partial to the flowered side of the napkins. I didn't watch the shows today, but I am not in the market for anything. I would like a new summer wreath for the front door, but I'll get that locally.

Super Contributor

Marsha, these runners and napkins are GORGEOUS. I cannot believe how well they go with your dishes, blue Valerie pillar holders and those draping GR candle rings. I like the look of the floral runner with floral napkins, but the lattice is no slouch, either. If I had to choose though, the floral + floral looks the best to me. Lovely, Marsha! Smile

Respected Contributor

I vote for the lattice one. There is so much pretty stuff going on with the pedestals and flowers that my eye does not know which one to look at. That is why I would downplay the runner and go with the more simplistic one. Great find!!!!

Trusted Contributor

What a great find Marsha. Love how it pulls everything together. I am with Hoovermom with using the lattice side. I think it helps pull the lattice design from the binding of the runners. Or if setting the table for 4, I would use 2 of each for a change up.

Thanks so much for sharing.

JPC

Respected Contributor

Thank you, Graycatsrule, Rosehill, Hoovermom and Just Plain Crazy for sharing my excitement over such a fortuitous find and for your thoughts on which side of the napkin to use. I'm leaning toward the lattice, too, because I think there's enough floral with the wreaths and runners. If I use the runners with a different centerpiece, then I could use the floral side.

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful find, and looks so good with your dishes and mercury glass candle sticks!

I'll offer a suggestion about the napkins. I like the floral side best, but I think it would look good to alternate them. I have often set the table with alternating colors of napkins (that compliment each other and the rest of the table, of course) at each place setting. Alternate the lattice with the floral as you set the table. As you see, the runner has both fabrics showing on one side, so using both sides of the napkins would only pick up that coordinating look.

Esteemed Contributor

Very good luck I'd say. Everything seems to coordinate so nicely. So pretty - all of it!

I vote for using the lattice side of the napkins--looks perfect next to the Chirp plate.

Super Contributor

Marsha, it's all so beautiful. It looks like a pricey home interior decorator went out and bought coordinating things and put them together. One would never guess that you bought the items at different stores and at different times because they belong together. Enjoy!

PS I like both sides of the napkins. How neat that you can choose to use either.

Respected Contributor

Mominohio, alternating the prints is an interesting idea. I'll try that out, too.

SHOPR and Nana5, thanks for reading and posting. I love the sharing and support in our community here.