Not applicable

Valerie Parr Hill Garden Spheres

I'm just throwing this comment "out there", because it might help someone else. I just bought Valerie's new set of three Mercury Glass Garden Spheres with stakes. I spent an awful morning, and broke two fingernails trying to assemble the stakes. Two of mine had engineering defects. When I pushed section two into the head of the stake, the silver button wouldn't deploy. Because the spheres are pretty, and I didn't want to mail them back, I figured out a solution. There's a small hole on the top of the head, that holds the orb. I took a metal skewer, inserted it in the hole from the top, and pushed out the rubber "filler disc" that is inserted in the stake head. It popped out, I could pop section two in, and the silver button deployed. I don't know what the purpose of the rubber "filler" insert is, but it makes the shaft too short to accommodate section two - not on all the stakes, but some. I hope this makes sense, and saves someone else aggravation!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Garden Spheres

Even though I didn't get the spheres, I appreciate you taking the time to post the helpful tip. This is one of the things I like most about this forum. And welcome!

Super Contributor

Good grief! I am not mechanical enough to even understand the great solution you have come up with. Thanks RR, you are a genius!

Super Contributor

Thanks for the explanation RR. I always cringe when an item says "minimum assembly required." Usually, I can't even comprehend the minimum.