Respected Contributor

We had unusually warm weather in Va this weekend and I got motivated and took down the rest of my Winter decor and switched over to Spring and Easter.  I hope I don't jinx the weather now!

Valued Contributor

Re: Getting Ready for Spring!

The weather here in NE Mo. has been unseasonably warm for the last 4 days. Record breaking 60s and 70's. But it's back to reality this coming week... 30's and 40's for daytime temps. I am ssooo ready for spring!

Honored Contributor

We have had such an easy winter overall, in my area of Ohio (while other parts of my state have had several good storms, they have missed us), that it almost seems like winter hasn't really started yet (and that is not a complaint).

So while I'll be glad for spring, I don't really feel like it is time already. I kind of still feel like I'm waiting for winter to get started.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spring cannot come soon enough for me.

I've been working in the yard a few times this winter. Yesterday was in the 60s.  Next warm weekend I'm going rake up leaves again.  I did it in the fall but it needs some more.

I ordered some white feather hostas this morning. 

This year we are putting a swing in our maple tree for our grandson  and me 

I have some St Patrick's day and some spring bunnies and chicks in the house.

It was weird today, we did not see one bird at all! Not one flying, or in trees or on the ground.  I heard a cardinal. That's it   When hawks fly through birds take wing. We didn't even see any hawks. Really weird.

Honored Contributor

We have been very warm here for awhile but looks like that will change around mid week.  I'd like to have a talk with that groundhog. 

I've been ready for spring since the Christmas decor was put away.  It's such a blah time between Christmas and spring here where I live.  But, in a month or so we will be digging in the soil and planting flowers and veggies.  So ready.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Spring cannot come soon enough for me.

I've been working in the yard a few times this winter. Yesterday was in the 60s.  Next warm weekend I'm going rake up leaves again.  I did it in the fall but it needs some more.

I ordered some white feather hostas this morning. 

This year we are putting a swing in our maple tree for our grandson  and me 

I have some St Patrick's day and some spring bunnies and chicks in the house.

It was weird today, we did not see one bird at all! Not one flying, or in trees or on the ground.  I heard a cardinal. That's it   When hawks fly through birds take wing. We didn't even see any hawks. Really weird.

@Mary Bailey  We put a swing in our Japanese Maple for DD.  First a baby swing, then a child's swing, then a plate on a rope that the child sits on and swings around in different directions, she had a ball on these, and though she is grown now, they remain on the tree. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

We had unusually warm weather in Va this weekend and I got motivated and took down the rest of my Winter decor and switched over to Spring and Easter.  I hope I don't jinx the weather now!

It's been in the 80s here in Austin almost all month and I've already had to turn my AC on. (I'd open windows at night, but it's high pollen season right now.)

I had to take my comforter off and switch to my summer quilt. Can't believe we're doing this before March!

Honored Contributor

That might work if you live in VA.  Not so much for those of us who live in MA.  We had two lovely spring-like days over tbe weekend but Spring is weeks and weeks away.  Although I have been thinking about Spring decor. 

Honored Contributor

WEll, it was nice enough to go out on the deck no coat mind you. Tomorrow afternoon, they say we're due somemore snow. Almost no snow now and we're ready for spring! But no, alas, we're gonna get dropped on!!!!!