Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm getting ready to have the entire interior of my house painted.  My painter gets a 30% discount with Sherwin-Williams, so that's the paint I will use.  I have brought many shades of beige paint chips home and am having a hard time deciding on a color.  I've got it narrowed down to two or three.

I'll be so glad to get this done.  My house is a medium tan color right now with a burgundy accent wall in the living room.  I haven't liked the accent wall for a long time.  My bathrooms are painted different colors, too.  This time I am planning on painting the whole house the same color.

I would like to thin out my "things" as I put the house back together.  It's hard to decide what to do as I really like everything. I've got a lot of pictures on the walls, but there aren't any pictures that I don't want to put back up again.  I'm having a very hard time deciding.

We need to paint the interior of our main floor and hallway on third floor.  We moved into this house 2 years ago.  The previous owner really loved her color.  Everyroom is a different color with a different color ceiling too.  The dining room is painted in green stripes.  We were able to paint all the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms when we remodeled.  It looks so much nicer.  I can't wait to do the rest of it but cringe at what the cost is going to be...I have a large house and lots of crown molding.  All the paint we used upstairs was from Sherwin Williams.  When working upstairs, my contractor suggested painting the molding and ceilings the color Pure White in flat.  It really makes any color pop.  I don't know if this makes a difference but all the paint we purchased from Sherwin Williams for our projects was contractors paint.  It did cost more.  Let us know when color you decide on and how it all turns out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting Ready To Paint

[ Edited ]

When we had our house built the builder offered color packages - wall paint, tile floors, carpet,kitchen cabinets,kitchen counters - all chosen by a designer for you. I went with the beige package because I really don't have any clue about decorating. The color they used on all my walls is kilim beige - all trim is what SW calls ceiling white in semigloss. I love this color - so perfectly neutral.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I'm getting ready to have the entire interior of my house painted.  My painter gets a 30% discount with Sherwin-Williams, so that's the paint I will use.  I have brought many shades of beige paint chips home and am having a hard time deciding on a color.  I've got it narrowed down to two or three.

I'll be so glad to get this done.  My house is a medium tan color right now with a burgundy accent wall in the living room.  I haven't liked the accent wall for a long time.  My bathrooms are painted different colors, too.  This time I am planning on painting the whole house the same color.

I would like to thin out my "things" as I put the house back together.  It's hard to decide what to do as I really like everything. I've got a lot of pictures on the walls, but there aren't any pictures that I don't want to put back up again.  I'm having a very hard time deciding.

We need to paint the interior of our main floor and hallway on third floor.  We moved into this house 2 years ago.  The previous owner really loved her color.  Everyroom is a different color with a different color ceiling too.  The dining room is painted in green stripes.  We were able to paint all the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms when we remodeled.  It looks so much nicer.  I can't wait to do the rest of it but cringe at what the cost is going to be...I have a large house and lots of crown molding.  All the paint we used upstairs was from Sherwin Williams.  When working upstairs, my contractor suggested painting the molding and ceilings the color Pure White in flat.  It really makes any color pop.  I don't know if this makes a difference but all the paint we purchased from Sherwin Williams for our projects was contractors paint.  It did cost more.  Let us know when color you decide on and how it all turns out.

@ScrapHappy  I finished painting my house a couple of months ago.  I used Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige and am very happy with it.  I painted everything, walls, doors, trim and ceiling.  I forget the names of the colors I used for the doors, trim and ceiling.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack and anyone else who painted their whole interior of their house at one time.

I'm getting ready to do this and I am trying to figure out where they should start AND how to stage my furniture.  They are painting the insides of my closets, so I need to empty those as well.

I have a townhouse and just a small utility room that won't be painted.  So it's not like I can store the entire contents of the house in there.

How did you stage everything for painting?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@NickNack and anyone else who painted their whole interior of their house at one time.

I'm getting ready to do this and I am trying to figure out where they should start AND how to stage my furniture.  They are painting the insides of my closets, so I need to empty those as well.

I have a townhouse and just a small utility room that won't be painted.  So it's not like I can store the entire contents of the house in there.

How did you stage everything for painting?

@VaBelle35  I didn't do anything.  The painters moved everything as needed and put it back in place.  They covered the furniture.  I did take the small items off of the tables and put them away.  I didn't have the inside of my closets painted.  I thought about it but thought it would be hard to take everything out.  Good luck with your painting!  I'm so happy with the way mine turned out.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Thanks.  They are scheduled to be here for two weeks, so we will go over it all when they get here.  They will definitely move the furniture around for me.  We discussed that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN