Super Contributor

Hi birdmama!

It will be 2 years in May that I replaced the 50 plus year old furnace in my house.  I also got a Lennox furnace/ac package that included10 year warranty and 2 years maintenance. Whether it's true or not, I don't have a clue but I was told that I got the best system available at the time. I also got a rebate from my gas company for purchasing that system. The ac unit is close to my bedroom window which was a concern but I do not hear it at all and overall it is very efficient so I am happy :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I just replaced my old gas furnace, air conditioner & hot water heater with Trane .... I had Trane before & I was happy with the product so, I replaced everything with the same company.... I have another home in NJ & I have American Standard there ..... either company is a good bet!!!!! ..... good luck!

Respected Contributor

There is news online now that Carrier in Indiana is moving to Mexico, letting go of something like 1,400 people.  The employees booed like mad when the CEO made the announcement, and he actually tried to assure them it was such a difficult decision -- purely business.   IMHO, when businesses start thinking about their people, the people will take care of the business.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.