Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fresh and Bright Sitting Room..,

I think the room is too bland.  Needs some darker colors or something.  Can't quite put my finger on it.

Trusted Contributor

The room lacks personality, and I did not care for the lamps.  It feels like an afterthought.  Doesn't go with the room, and the blue is a little harsh against all the pale tones.  The room needs color, but not with those lamps. 

Honored Contributor

It looks old fashioned and I don't like one single thing in this room.

Valued Contributor

I love this room, although I agree it needs something.  I think contrasting crown moulding would be pretty.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   Like you, I thought that it needed something

dark. I think that a dark wood coffee table would be nice.

The windows do look a little bare, I like valances or maybe shades to cover those bare windows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's bright and airy looking.  I like the mix of colors and prints in the pillows. I like the furniture, but not some of the accessories. I'm not a fan of the drapes, blue lamps, platters displayed on the wall, or the rug. I'd replace those. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I think it's a beautiful little room!

Respected Contributor

Too blah, colorless, and symmetrical. If the draperies (as opposed to their edges) were the celery color of the pillows at the ends of the sofa, the room might at least have a little life.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Pretty and comfy, but I don't know, for me, it's lacking something. Could be that the walls, curtains and furniture are all just a little too pale.  Yes, I  agree.  A different coffee table might be a good idea also.

maggiegriffingdesign.jpg

Respected Contributor

I wonder if this living room is more vibrant in color in person. But it needs either a very vibrant color on the walls, I think I would like something in the coral shade.f36c28446dc5994de737ef1dd365d739.png