Honored Contributor

Fresh and Bright Sitting Room..,

Pretty and comfy, but I don't know, for me, it's lacking something. Could be that the walls, curtains and furniture are all just a little too pale.

maggiegriffingdesign.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Fresh and Bright Sitting Room..,

For a sitting room today, it needs a little more relaxed furniture.  Club chairs, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's pretty, it has that light and airy look......  I am not one who likes blues in my living room, I do those colors more in the bedrooms.  But that's just me.  Also for some reason I really don't care for those platters on the walls.  I'm sure they are some fancy type but I never liked it, not even in a kitchen.   I'd rather see them displayed in a hutch.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb ...........Thank you for finally posting something in this forum.  I have missed it.  I dont know how to post pics on here.

I like this room, but I am like you there is something missing.  For me  I think it is a darker color.  I would like to see brown bamboo shades at the windows.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Seems old-fashioned and blah to me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

Overall I like the room but agree somethings off.  Maybe it's the window coverings fading into the walls or the white coffee table.  Have to ponder.......

Honored Contributor

There's too much white; walls, draperies, sofa, then a wishy washy rug.  The room cries for some texture and contrast.  The blue touches stuck here and there just don't do it.  It gives the room a blah feel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It is just a little to sterile looking. Needs some comfy chairs and either a darker color on the walls or the drapes.

Esteemed Contributor

A wood floor would add the contrast the room needs. Get rid of the rug.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a vanilla (dull) room with pops of blue.  It needs warmed up but it wouldn't take much!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown