Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

They are hot tho..... and yes I havee the cooling gel pad.  They retain the heat.

@meem120  I've slept on a memory foam mattress without any special cooling feature for almost 10 years and have never been hot.  I really don't understand the complaint about them being hot.  It could be that you'd be hot on any mattress. 

I love my memory foam,  I have arthritis and it relieves the pressure on knees, hips even elbows, it also helps my back so I don't get up in pain every morning. 

My next mattress will probably be a Casper.  I certainly wouldn't pay the big$$$, they ask for the Tempurpedics when there are so many other great brands available much cheaper. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@meem120  The comment about them being hot is interesting.....because that was my first question, as I had heard they can be hot.  People assured me that the newer ones that are aerated and have the better air flow are no hotter than a traditional mattress.  ???!!!?????

I live in Arizona so I know hot, I bought my memory foam mattress last August and it is not hot. I do have a cooling mattress pad on it. For the first time in years I can sleep on my side without hip pain. My old Serta was only about 7 years old and I would wake up in pain every morning. Sometime I would cry because I hurt so bad. I would not go back to an interspring mattress. I also checked out Temperpedic and Sleep Number but could not justify $7000 for a bed. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Casper was on our short list of top 3 picks.  However I have pressure points on my hips and both DH and I are side-sleepers so it looks like the Leesa for us.

Valued Contributor

I have wanted one for a few years but was so afraid to spend that kind of money in case it didn't work out.  I finally ordered a Spa Sensations 12" Theratouch memory foam mattress with the 3" air cooled inner foam.  I bought it early March at a price of $269 for a queen (it's higher priced now) and I absolutely love it!  Best sleep (painless) I have had in years.  I can lay in bed and lounge in the mornings now without pain.

There is a 3 month return policy.   4.5 star review with over 4700 reviews.  Definitely worth checking out.  It was delivered free right to my door!!