Valued Contributor

Finally! At Home With Alberti  premieres Friday afternoon on QVC2. A new series dedicated to the home. Let’s hope he is able to get some good vendors with fresh new products.

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

Finally! At Home With Alberti  premieres Friday afternoon on QVC2. A new series dedicated to the home. Let’s hope he is able to get some good vendors with fresh new products.

Yes, otherwise it doesn’t matter who is presenting with the the same old stuff.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

He will be great!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb - I do not think this is a new recurring home series; all of the seasoned hosts have their own "At Home with X" shows that air from time to time, and the show with Alberti's name on Thursday appears to be the only one scheduled for many weeks (I checked as far as the program guide would go). I believe this is just an opportunity to let Alberti share his skills and see what happens, and though it is possible that this might lead to additional shows, it seems to be a one-time episode for now.

Honored Contributor

Unless there is a lot of new, interesting merchandise coming in to QVC I would see no reason for a recurring show, they would just be showing the same old stuff show, after show.

I would rather see a show less often with new merchandise than a show every month with the same stale merchandise.

Honored Contributor

I am sure the buyers choose everything that is sold on QVC with very little to no input from the hosts.

It doesn't matter to me who is presenting...it's always the same old stuff and any ol' host will do.

Valued Contributor

That's what I always wonder about the 'closet' shows...is that really what the host has or would have in her closet?

I've heard VPH say Alberti's home is decorated wonderfully and that he has great taste.

So I agree with you.  Will show really be Alberti's picks?

I like him and will watch his shows.

Valued Contributor

Everyone for the longest time ever: “Alberti should have a decor show. Why aren’t they giving Alberti a show?”

Everyone now: “Meh. It won’t last.”

How about a little enthusiasm and a commitment to watching the show to give it some ratings so it does get picked up long term, folks?

Respected Contributor

I believe it is going to be more of the same with a different name.  He may get to pick his show items but they are going to be already existing stock.  Occasionally he may be permitted to work with the buyers/vendors to select a new item.

QVC has a lot of different items which never get aired.  To have a product presented on air they have to have access to large volumes that are available for immediate or advanced shipping.

Honored Contributor

I'd be very surprised if it something new and exciting.