Super Contributor

620BA184-44EB-4CCB-8A6E-705CEC8FECB9.jpeg

How about adding lights? I love this idea. 🍁🎃 

Trusted Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I decorate our porch each season but fall,is my favorite.  The colors are so vibrant!

Resized_20210912_164514.jpeg

@ZoetheCat 

I really like your porch! It has great touches of fall without being overdone.  The purple asters are very pretty! It looks like a great place to relax.

Esteemed Contributor

The decorating is very nice, but to me, a tad bit cluttered.

I love the dog too.

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@wilma 

1st pic - beautiful colors, but a tad too overkill.  The lined up rockers remind me of the front porches on the Cracker Barrel Restaurants for guests to wait to be called.  I'd rather see a swing and/or bench mixed with a couple of rockers.  (The dog stole the show though.  Woman LOL)

2nd pic - Too elegant for my taste.  I do like the colors & textures used on the steps - but less of them.

3rd pic - I like the hay used as part of the decor & I don't mind the colors.  But they used too much decore, narrowing the path on the steps.  The pumpkins used on the roof of the porch I think cheapen the look.

4th pic - The chairs are misplaced as you can't open/close the doors without hitting them.  Again, too much decore on the steps.

5th pic - This is a tie for 1st place IMO.  Love the flagstone steps.  Wreath looks very pretty with the rustic door.  I would relocate the large flower pot as it crowds the first step.

Nice job @wilma, thanks for sharing.

@sceniccoast 

I agree with your comments. I totally saw "Cracker Barrel" in all those rockers too. I would definitely switch out a couple of them with a bench or other seating area. 

Super Contributor

Thank you @Tennesseegal .  Believe it or not, I barely use the front porch since we built a sun room on the back of the house last year.  I love the idea of an outside space, but the bugs are absolutely brutal so the sun room wins!

Honored Contributor

Fall is my favorite season, too. I decorate modestly, but never ever with real pumpkins or gourds or anything that will attract wildlife. I actually have a couple of fake pumpkins that I purchased at Michael's years ago. They're quite heavy, very realistic looking and don't encourage large furry visitors.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I just put my fall wreath on the door. I will put out two pumpkins and some yellow mums in a big planter. My house is set far back from the street, so the yellow mums can be seen, but most other stuff is only seen by me and whoever comes to the front door. None of the photos are to my liking. Just too much of everything except the dog! 

Honored Contributor

@wilma   I like the stairs decor.  I don't have a porch, just a covered deck so a lot of my garden is always in front of and around me.  My decor is all inside.