Honored Contributor

I think these owners go all out and most and overdone.  The last photo is more in line with normal.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

IMG_2465.JPG

This one. Heart

Where do these people live where there are no insects and rodents?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Very nice porch decorations!  I just put out a few fall flags, and some Halloween items in the front of the house.  I spend most time on my indoor decorations which are plentiful!

Super Contributor

I decorate our porch each season but fall,is my favorite.  The colors are so vibrant!

Resized_20210912_164514.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I decorate our porch each season but fall,is my favorite.  The colors are so vibrant!

Resized_20210912_164514.jpeg

@ZoetheCat 

Looks very nice! Enjoy! 

I've always wanted a bigger 
porch, but I've never lived in a home with one. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma Love the photos but as you say from a practical standpoint, no way I'd put that much "stuff" on the steps. I can see myself tripping on a pumpkin and taking a header. Nope I don't need that.

Like @Kachina624 I think the dog is the best accessory. I have a large tabby cat who graces the porch at my house. She has finally stopped being startled by any decor items that I put out. I had a couple of the large rabbits from Martha Stewart's collections and she was not at all happy about them! Finally she has decided they are NOT a threat. 

(She was a stray who wandered by about 7 years ago now and is now a family member.) 

Esteemed Contributor

@ZoetheCat That's gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24    Thanks for taking in both tabby cats and faux rabbits. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Kachina624 She's a really sweet kitty. The faux rabbits need some paint!

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

1st pic - beautiful colors, but a tad too overkill.  The lined up rockers remind me of the front porches on the Cracker Barrel Restaurants for guests to wait to be called.  I'd rather see a swing and/or bench mixed with a couple of rockers.  (The dog stole the show though.  Woman LOL)

2nd pic - Too elegant for my taste.  I do like the colors & textures used on the steps - but less of them.

3rd pic - I like the hay used as part of the decor & I don't mind the colors.  But they used too much decore, narrowing the path on the steps.  The pumpkins used on the roof of the porch I think cheapen the look.

4th pic - The chairs are misplaced as you can't open/close the doors without hitting them.  Again, too much decore on the steps.

5th pic - This is a tie for 1st place IMO.  Love the flagstone steps.  Wreath looks very pretty with the rustic door.  I would relocate the large flower pot as it crowds the first step.

Nice job @wilma, thanks for sharing.