Honored Contributor

my fall stuff starts going out late Sept .Right now it is 102 outside so can't wait for fall; my favorite season. I don't do Halloween but the Thanksgiving stuff goes up Nov 1; Christmas tree goes up day after Thanksgiving and comes down New Years' Day.

Honored Contributor

Late September and I'm so sick of heat, humidity and storms I'm ready for it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

In the South it is still warm all the way through September so Halloween goes up first and then the Fall/ Thanksgiving comes out first week of November.

Regular Contributor

Depends on the weather. Pacific NW coast can cool down with fog and rain and that feels like fall. Right after Labor Day I change my garden flag, mailbox cover, get mums for the porch. Door wreath with sunflowers.

Super Contributor
On 7/9/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 7/9/2014 busygirl said:

I start in September and add some Halloween in October and then in November add a few things for Thanksgiving and the after comes the Christmas stuff.

To be honest I could skip it all this year and fall is my favorite time but took so long for the weather to get nice and hate to see it go this time.

That is exactly what I do with just one exception...I start in August

LOL was afraid to respond cause I start around the 15th of August....just indoors and outside late September.

Super Contributor

Fall decorating starts Labor Day weekend...I love it even more than decorating for Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

It's reallly warm where I am too (South Florida) so I always feel like I have to create my own seasons. I usually start Fall decorating in August just because I love Fall decor and I can't wait to see what everyone in this forum has to share when the pic sharing begins. This is a fun time in this forum for sure. Thanks for chiming in everyone!

Honored Contributor

Mid to late September for me. I love fall décor.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Here in the South, it can stay HOT through October, so I don't do my "official" decorating till Oct., that way I have it for Oct. and Nov.! I'll transition in a couple of weeks with "sunflowers" which to me is late summer into early fall decorating!

Anyone else a big "sunflower" fan like me?

In between I do my "college football" team décor ............ War Eagle!

Regular Contributor

The aspens starting turning here in September, so by mid-September, my fall décor comes out. I typically decorate the front porch with fall garlands in the gold/orange colors (more representative of tree colors here), the faux haybales from Kirklands, a mix of faux and real pumpkins and gourds, and a scarecrow couple. Come October, I mix in some Halloween décor, but it can easily be removed (or turned around) and the fall/harvest décor stays in place until Thanksgiving. Christmas décor usually starts on the porch/outside sometime during the Thanksgiving weekend. So my harvest décor is in place from mid-September until the end of November.