Honored Contributor

My friend just moved into a house with nothing but hard floors. I told her about this vac and she was thrilled to see something like this so she had me order one for her. She will be thrilled! Lots of great reviews for it.

Honored Contributor

For me, this would just be something else to trip over, another thing on the floor that is in the way. 

My only hard floor area is the kitchen and dining room, and both are so small, that I can't see taking up any precious real estate with this. 

If I had a much larger space, maybe, but even then, I'm not sure I see a lot of value in it for me for right now. For someone with mobility issues, getting down/bending down to clean up the floor, it might be great.

During one demonstration today, I noticed everything just clogged up in front and it didn't suck it up. They took the camera away quickly. I guess you have to 'feed' it in small amounts. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

For me, this would just be something else to trip over, another thing on the floor that is in the way. 

My only hard floor area is the kitchen and dining room, and both are so small, that I can't see taking up any precious real estate with this. 

If I had a much larger space, maybe, but even then, I'm not sure I see a lot of value in it for me for right now. For someone with mobility issues, getting down/bending down to clean up the floor, it might be great.

During one demonstration today, I noticed everything just clogged up in front and it didn't suck it up. They took the camera away quickly. I guess you have to 'feed' it in small amounts. 

They were stuffing large quantities of "demo junk" down there. Unless something goes terribly wrong, I never have that much stuff to sweep up.

I don't think it will eliminate the need for a dustpan entirely, but I think it would get most things. If I spell a box of spagetti on the floor, there's no way that pasta is getting in there unless I stomp it into bits first. Smiley Wink

This is the kind of item I think can go in a corner where it's less likely to get in the way and isn't in the path of traffic.

Respected Contributor

The hair salon I go to has one of these.  Don't know if it's the same brand.  .

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMeeI ordered , hopefully will like it as much as some of the reviewers. I have excruciating knee and back pain making bending over a dustpan difficult., . I do have a dustpan with the long handle that prevents you from bending, but it is kind of cumbersome emptying it over the trash can. Hope the eyevac works well and is beneficial to me.  That was a nice gesture on your part to order it for your friend.