Honored Contributor

As I look at pictures of this and English countryside cottages/homes, I just feel like I could walk right into some of them and be so content.

I am not decorated that way, but maybe in a former life, LOL, that's where I lived.

Do you have a style of home you could just walk into and be totally comfortable?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: English Country Home style.

My kitchen is English Country...so I agree!!

Respected Contributor

I always liked everything Candace Olsen designed on Divine Design, HGTV.  Miss that program.

Esteemed Contributor

I so agree, @qualitygal.  Just the words "english countryside cottages/homes" makes me feel content and happy in my heart!  LOL  

I've lived in the city all my life, but have always longed for a country life.  

Honored Contributor

In my LR my style is a combo of English country, cottage style, and shabby chic, which all go together, IMO!  I love roses and white furniture!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty, Have you seen all the pictures of Shabby Chic on Pinterest? I agree, you could do all 3. All so pretty!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not my style - too many prints and too much stuff. I am more American country cottage style. But definitely not shabby chic. I prefer to bring old things back to the beauty they were when the artisan made them.

Honored Contributor

I like a house that looks like you can come in and put your feet up.  I like the kind of homes they feature in Better Homes and Gardens.  My house is cottage-like not country.  

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I always liked everything Candace Olsen designed on Divine Design, HGTV.  Miss that program.

I love her. She is so talented!

Trusted Contributor

I love English country, it's so warm and inviting. Another big plus for me is that it doesn't date so fast as other styles.