Respected Contributor

Nope, do not like anything in the room!

Respected Contributor

I have a childhood friend who has been an avid scuba diver for decades. She & her hubby have an island home and are active in preserving marine wildlife. I think this decor would work well in an island home. I really like the orange-coral/sage color combo used.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eclectic Coral Reef LR

[ Edited ]

Masculine?

Anyone notice the width of the seating area of the upholstered orange chair?  Unless it's for a child, who could fit into it?  Also, the side chairs look very uncomfortable with those low backs. 

With those chairs, what would you do with a room like this other than look at it?  Although, we can't see what's in the rest of the room. But, as it is, not a room for lounging, watching TV, or entertaining.   

At first glance, the orange and black color scheme is striking and it is pretty, very well done...for a unique person who likes coral.  It doesn't look beachy to me.  Definitely, not for most.

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Stunning, yet frightening.

That is exactly the same feeling that I had.    I think I would get the creeps just spending a short time in that room.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a big fan of anything "beachy" but I find this room striking.  I even like the chandlier and other orange touches.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Does not look inviting or comfy to me.No thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't care for it at all.

Honored Contributor

I like the wall color and some of the elements in the room.

I think it's too dark and there are too many things though.  

Super Contributor

Re: Eclectic Coral Reef LR

[ Edited ]

The color combo is an eye grabber, but the room is more hodge-podge than eclectic.  The chandelier is a painted tree branch.  The deer or antelope on display with mostly shells is odd.  The thing leaning against the wall needs better placement or, better yet, removed. The mantel and cabinet are overstuffed.  The wires from the lamps are an eyesore.  Except for the shells in the cabinet and on the mantel there is nothing else that resembles beach, coral or island style.  There is nothing inviting or comfortable about this room.

Honored Contributor

I like the black display cabinet and hate the rest.