Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eat-In Kitchen With Table And Chairs

I was thinking laundry room. Thanks, @jubilant 

Honored Contributor

Wow, @jubilant --  no wonder I liked it so much!  I love Gil Schafer, and have featured a few of his rooms on here as well!

He really is premier in the field, multi-award winner, and I think part of his success is that, being a renowned architect,  his firm is both an architectural as well as interior design package.

The houses they've been doing are so drool-worthy.  Sometimes if I'm a bit depressed, I look at their online portfolio for a quick infusion of traditional beauty!

Thanks for posting.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our house was built in 1910 and has a large walk in pantry beyond the kitchen through an oversize doorway.  When we bought the house it was original, the pantry had the large below counter sugar and flour bins,  a refrigerator cupboard with slatted shelves and vents to the exterior, glass fronted cabinets for dishes and a wooden drainboard with sink. When we tore everything out and renovated we put in a built in refrigerator, dishwasher, sink and lots of cabinets.  To view the pantry from the kitchen is similar to this view seeing the sink and window with cabinetry.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

You're welcome!  I'd like to have his book for my coffee table.

Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

Our house was built in 1910 and has a large walk in pantry beyond the kitchen through an oversize doorway.  When we bought the house it was original, the pantry had the large below counter sugar and flour bins,  a refrigerator cupboard with slatted shelves and vents to the exterior, glass fronted cabinets for dishes and a wooden drainboard with sink. When we tore everything out and renovated we put in a built in refrigerator, dishwasher, sink and lots of cabinets, the room is approximately 8x13.   All the dishes and food are in the pantry.  To view the pantry from the kitchen is similar to this view seeing the sink and window with cabinetry.

@persiflage  My grandparent bought a house (actually a farm) in that early1900's era.  They did some remodeling, too. My favorite house ever!  The pantry did need updating so they eventually made it into a laundry room off the kitchen.  What a great set-up it was. You're so lucky!  Thanks for this post.

Honored Contributor

Love it!!  All the pics are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Jubliant, for the photo.  It is a beautiful area from that angle and I do like the design and look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lovely home, lovely rooms. I'd say the initial photos are less an eat in kitchen and more an open concept great room with the kitchen positioned near informal eating and sitting areas. This home clearly has formal living and dining rooms as well, among a number of other beautiful spaces.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@jubilant   Thanks again for posting this. I went to the website which also was so well done. It's amazing, given the number of interiors we see online or as movie sets, how something exceptional jumps right out. How you know it when you see it.

Honored Contributor

It's pretty but I would not call it an eat in kitchen.  There's the kitchen and the island separates the kitchen and dining area.