Frequent Contributor

I have rod pocket ones in our master bedroom. I'm looking to upgrade and replace them. Most curtains are the more popular grommet kinds. Does anyone think I can replace the rod pockets with the grommet ones and will the 84" hanging length still work?

My rods are thin ones from Ikea years ago. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I just purchased new drapes...with the grommets.  I don't think the grommets take up much more length than the rod pockets.

My drapes are a tad short, I need several more inches, but could not find longer curtains in the fabric I needed.  Behind the bed won't matter, its the other window that concerns me.  I will probably have to pull the curtains to one side, like a swag.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Drapes Question

[ Edited ]

@Villagesbabe  I'm thinking you may have to switch out your curtain rod as it's pretty thin, from what you described, and you are switching to grommet drapes that will expose the curtain rod. If you look at pictures online you will be better able to see the type of curtain rod I am talking about; a beefier, round rod.

You could take a look at JC Penney's website for a quick reference. I just took a look there myself to be certain, and if you search for "grommet drapes" a page of different drapes on the rods appears.  HTH

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Villagesbabe ...when I replied I didn't notice you comment about your rods...yes I agree with others, the rods will need to be replaced.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks ladies for your responses and input. Will take into consideration about what to do. Stay safe!