Honored Contributor

Pinstripe Sheer Belgian Linen Drapery.  Widths: 50 or 100; Length: 84, 96, 108.  Restoration Hardware.  I love the way the drapery slightly filters out the sun.  Many colors.

Pinstripe Sheer Belgian Linen Drapery

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

They look attractive.  With the extra lengths, they could be hung from the ceiling to the floor, which is what my mother liked to do.  Fancy and all that.

Esteemed Contributor

So pretty.  I'm really embracing the neutral looks lately.  You see a lot of neutral walls, drapes and furniture.  I really like it.  I have a lot of color in my home and am beginning to think I'd like a "re-do".  

Respected Contributor

Pretty. Simple.

Filters, does not block, nice fabric.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Draperies are not a good choice here in Florida because the sun ruins the fabric fairly quickly. I went with plantation shutters throughout, and I love them, but I miss the look of pretty, soft fabrics that really soften a room. 

Drapes (and carpet) also absorb sound so the house is quieter. I think it's a shame that home trends went away from carpet and drapes because I like a nice softer, quieter home. We have carpet in our home and when I go into a house that doesn't have carpet I really notice the echoing of sounds.

Honored Contributor

I love the look but not the upkeep or the cost to buy them. Will keep my blinds----not a huge fan of those either---and valances. 

Honored Contributor

I like it....for someone else.  We don't have any drapes, we have blinds and I have my candles and goblets on the window sill for visiual enhancement and for a a pop of color.  

But, for Fall I took the goblets out and put a VPH hurrjcane arrangement in the center with ivory candles and sparkly pumpkins on each side.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

So pretty.  I'm really embracing the neutral looks lately.  You see a lot of neutral walls, drapes and furniture.  I really like it.  I have a lot of color in my home and am beginning to think I'd like a "re-do".  

Oh @Citrine1 welcome to the club! I've been on a neutral kick for several years now. 

I spent decades with lots of 'country' blue some pinks and mauves and in other rooms green and dark rose colors, and all of a sudden a few years ago, I noticed when holiday and fall decorating, I hated the way my house looked afterward. All that pumpkin spice and earth tones with my light blue and florals! ICK YUCK!

My mission was to get the main things in the main level of my home, as neutral (tan, taupe, ivory) as I could, so when I added any seasonal throws, pillows, decor of any color or season, it would all coordinate and be calm.

The first thing I did was get rid of my sofa (it was over 25 years old and gave it to my son moving out) and never replaced it, and don't intend to. Opened up the room and I like it that way. 

Next, a lot of the wall art came down. Lots of beautiful dried floral arrangements past their prime, some still beautiful to my eye, but not with the 'new plan'. 

The more I removed the happier I got. 

It is still very much a work in progress, but at least at this point, my floor, remaining upholstered pieces, walls and curtains are all the exact color and shades I need/want (although the carpet is old and needs replaced, and the same for the upholstered pieces, but that will come in time, for now they are at least the 'perfect to me' colors for my quest). I still have a border and some wallpaper in that main floor of the house that needs to go, but it will have to wait till I have the time and money to do all the painting, flooring etc at one time. 

In the meantime there are still some wall art things that aren't exactly in my new style (but I still love them and don't want to part with them, so eventually they may get worked into other areas of the house) and I'm always on the lookout for things that might replace them.

I dont' feel at all bad about my 'switch'. I had and loved the same things and style for about 30 years. I got good use out of my investment in the furniture and decor, and still have and love and will use all my wood pieces, no plan on changing any of those. 

It's just taking me so long to do the switch over, I hope I'm not tire of it before I get it all accomplished! LOL

Honored Contributor

Love that picture!!

I too have gone from a lot of color to mostly neutrals.  Color comes from accent pieces.  It is much more calming to live in "neutral."

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure your home is always lovely @Mominohio, past AND present!  Thank you for sharing your post with me.