Honored Contributor

I haven't actually had draperies in my home since 1990! I dislike the heaviness of the look. I suppose its a regional thing. I live in a cottage on a lake and my decor is strictly a cottage look...light and airy. To me curtains darken a room and makes it look dreary. But if its your thing, go for it. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I don't have draperies, but do have two curtain panels on a bow window in LR and on a bay window in DR. They are on each end of the window and do not close. The are very white and see through with a slight embroidered design. 

They're from Country Curtains. In the summer with the windows open they blow in the breeze and look so pretty and light and airy. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I haven't actually had draperies in my home since 1990! I dislike the heaviness of the look. I suppose its a regional thing. I live in a cottage on a lake and my decor is strictly a cottage look...light and airy. To me curtains darken a room and makes it look dreary. But if its your thing, go for it. Woman Happy

I don't have draperies in my home either, but I do like the look in the OP.  It's just not for me.

I have roman shades throughout the house, and when they are raised you can't even see them because they blend into the transom trim.  I love the look, and you can see the architectural details of my woodwork.