Respected Contributor

Down Home - too many tools

[ Edited ]

Simply too many tools for my liking on Down Home lately.  I cant imagine David is selecting these items because he has stated he has handy men come in to do projects he is not a do it yourselfer.   A saw, laser level,  car vaccuum cleaner.  Where are the SOFT GOODS and pieces of decor?   Many of us want to see textiles and fabric as well as whimsical items for the home.  We are not interested in tools.  I am sending a facebook message to David.

Regular Contributor

Re: Down Home - too many tools

I think these tools and such are Father's Day ideas.  Wait and see future shows.

Respected Contributor

I doubt David has any say on what products are shown.  Father's Day is approaching and many men and some women like and need tools.   Just wait until you develop a leak under your sink!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

This may not be kind, but I just have to say that you sure complain a lot about the hosts @Reever . They are hired to sell products, not to be experts. I agree that David's expertise is in the cooking shows, but he isn't limited to that.

Honored Contributor

Seems "we" each have our own idea of what's appropriate to be included in any kind of show.

Wonder who the we is that doesn't want to see tools?  It's fine with this "me"  - 

Respected Contributor

So nice to see a show with many items that can appeal to men (for a change)!

I jsut bought the TSV Magic Saw for my DH and he watched the entire video to make sure that he liked it ( a first for him, because when QVC is on he usually leaves the room).

Honored Contributor

I bought a saw similar to the TSV at Christmas to help dismantle a clothing rack that fell over and I could not lift.  It was Walmart quality, nothing industrial but I had a devil of a time cutting one pipe.  That one pipe pretty much ruined the saw blade too.  Total waste if money.

When Rick tries that hard to sell something, be suspicious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@AuntG @Reever   Reever is known to do nothing BUT complain! Nothing unusual in this post. Same old, same old. It's really boring, Reever!

Respected Contributor

@Reever  - I believe what you meant to say was "I want to see textiles and fabric" and "I am not interested in tools". The rest of us are perfectly capable of and prefer to speak for ourselves.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Simply too many tools for my liking on Down Home lately.  I cant imagine David is selecting these items because he has stated he has handy men come in to do projects he is not a do it yourselfer.   A saw, laser level,  car vaccuum cleaner.  Where are the SOFT GOODS and pieces of decor?   Many of us want to see textiles and fabric as well as whimsical items for the home.  We are not interested in tools.  I am sending a facebook message to David.

@Reever 

Silly!

How do you know WE are not interested in tools?  We bought 2 TOOLS last night.  DH enjoyed the longer presentations with much detailed usage info.

Homes and tools go together!  It's not like the Down Home show is selling makeup!

SMH