Respected Contributor

Re: Down Home - too many tools

@AuntG wrote:

This may not be kind, but I just have to say that you sure complain a lot about the hosts @Reever . They are hired to sell products, not to be experts. I agree that David's expertise is in the cooking shows, but he isn't limited to that.

Hi @AuntG .  Its not a complaint, its a suggestion @AuntG 

I just dont like tool presentations and I gather the vast majority of customers do not either. Im old enough to remember the old Craftsmen Tool Shows on the Q.  Those disappeared decades ago but I have noticed in recent years the # of tools creeping up again.  If they must carry tools I would restrict it to an hour called "The Tool Shop" with Rick or something to that effect.  I think the Down Home Show Thursday should focus on decor and interior design, flatware, table settings, items from Valerie Par Hill etc. I know the hosts are hired to sell but I have also heard they have some say in selecting what gets aired.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Simply too many tools for my liking on Down Home lately.  I cant imagine David is selecting these items because he has stated he has handy men come in to do projects he is not a do it yourselfer.   A saw, laser level,  car vaccuum cleaner.  Where are the SOFT GOODS and pieces of decor?   Many of us want to see textiles and fabric as well as whimsical items for the home.  We are not interested in tools.  I am sending a facebook message to David.

Please keep us updated!

Esteemed Contributor

I seem to be joining the growing group of DIY'ers and adding to my tools lately.

So many times you have a small project that's not worth calling a professional for. Having the right tools makes all the difference.