Respected Contributor

Re: Don't Shoot! I'm just the messenger, lol.

There are things on this list that are classic design and will never go out of style.

Everything that is so called in style today will be totally dated in ten years. We all have to decide what works for us and stay it......I'm not interested in being a design clone. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I have always wanted one of those Felix the Cat clocks since I was a little kid.

@Imaoldhippie My grandmother had one!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

The cats love that the vertical blinds bring in the sun.  You know how cats love the sun.  I actually like that sofa with the fringe bottom (I would not have it now) but if you could act deco decor around the sofa it would look great.  I live in an apt. and vertical blinds are in the living room to cover the patio doors which are almost the length of the wall.  They are 3 panels.  Then there is vertical blinds in the bedroom which I hate because there are regular windows.  The owner of the building wanted all the blinds to be the same.

@Katcat1 

One of the reasons I hated vertical blinds is my cats made mincemeat out of them as they went in and out of them so they could lay in the sun by the window.......Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hubby has wood paneling in his man cave and I dare anyone to try and change it, LOL!

BTW, it's fine with me, it's his cave, his choice!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

In addition to soft rugs, too many photgraphs I do have a sleigh bed-Have always loved them.

Now all I need is a reindeer to go with it!Woman Very Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@traveler wrote:

Who writes these list? Some 27yo "stylist"?

That would be a slight upgrade from the 19 year old 'influencer'... You know, with his or her own You Tube channel...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh and by the way, as for that 'dated' formal living room and that 'dated' toile print sofa, I'll be happy to take them off the hands of whoever wants to be 'on trend'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I'm guilty of several of them.  China hutch that my mother paid for just before she passed, a sleigh bed, wall to wall carpeting, furniture against the wall because that's the only way it fits, a recliner that they will have to pry from under my cold dead body, very expensive custom oak cabinets that I can't do anything about, and an expensive heavy oak table that my DD says will be expensive firewood.  It makes me shiver to think some youngun would buy my expensive furniture and paint it whiteish.

@Scooby Doo 

I am convinced that some of these very nice antiques go out of style because the interior designers want them for their own use and when they buy them all up, they will tell you they are all the rage and you will have sold yours years ago.  What do you think, Scooby?  Don't get rid of your nice things.

Honored Contributor

vertical blinds.jpg

"as long as I still have sunny places for napping..."

Honored Contributor

I just updated my living room furniture after 40 years, but I live in a log cabin with antiques so.... My summer kitchen is new with linen colored cabinets,but I understand the coveted Farm sink is out of fashion now and mine is only 3 years old. We live in the woods surrounded by quite a bit of farm land, I'm hoping to keep it in the family so curb appeal is not an issue. We have lived in this space for so long, I cringe at the thought of having to live in a city or suburbs.