Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else hate fitted sheets?

Nope, don't have a problem with the fitted sheet in the sets we buy. The corners reach (15' or 16" sheets for our queen mattress and topper) and our flat sheet gets a hospital corner and tucked between mattress and box spring.  I have seen in years past elastic bands with clips at the end of each band.  You slip the band in between the mattress and box spring and clip the fitted sheet to the bands so they can't let loose.  Wonder if they still make them for fitted sheets?

Honored Contributor

@mare54 

I bought full size sheets for twin beds, so they are tucked very far underneath.  I doubt if they'll come out while sleeping.  I think I'll try them out before my next guests arrive.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I have been disappointed by fitted sheets NUMEROUS times... in fact, pretty much every set I've ever had.  It seems they either shrink and I have to fight to get them on the bed, or they are saggy, baggy.

I have two twin XL beds in my guest room. I'm thinking of getting good quality, full (edited) size flat sheets for top and bottom. This will leave plenty of room to tuck them in properly.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

I was able to buy a deeper fitted mattress from Walmart website (it will fit 18-21"), with both mattress & topper at 16" the fitted sheet that went with my set wasn't fitting and would pop off one of the top corners (I apparently move around when I sleep).