Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else hate fitted sheets?

My favorite fitted sheet set is from northern nights. The fitted sheet is labeled, top, bottom and sides. Plus there are two buttons attached to the bottom of the fitted sheet.

These buttons allow the flat sheet to be buttoned to the flat sheet. 

I also like Macy's Charter Club damask sheets. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee 

I tend to do hard things. In fact, I make easy things hard for myself.  That's why I look like this....

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 4.04.41 PM.png

I had the day off from work and spent a good part of the morning learning to fold fitted sheets and spa-roll my beach towels. Thankfully, DH dragged me out to the park to let our puppy run around or I would have been in my linen closet all day.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

It's always that final corner that's the toughest! 

I get the deep pocketed fitted sheets from the same manufacturer that makes our mattresses (Saatva).

Esteemed Contributor

I only use the bottom fitted sheet but they're always a little big and baggy and many times are crumpled when I get up. I straighten it out as much as I can, make the bed and forget about it and don't fret about it.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

For the most part, I do not have any problem with the fitted sheet, except for a couple sets of Tim Gunn 100% cotton pinstripes.  They are just tight and I'm getting a bit less flexible.

Once I get them on, I love they way they "sleep".  The striping makes it easy to know the orientation.

DH loves Malden Mills (they are stretchy and easy to put on).  Just tonight I asked him to please put his freshly laundered set on the bed because I have been painting walls all day.

He said yes, during half time.  March Madness, you know.  Last night's games were phenomenal.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Making beds isn't my favorite chore, but I like fitted sheets, even if I have to fight with them.

Regular Contributor

I think regardless of whether using flat or fitted sheets, just by sleeping and the tossing and turning each night will cause sheets to rearrange. It's not a big deal for me, I just straighten them out, retuck here and there, and make the bed. 

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

No.  I have no problem with them.  I don't buy microfiber sheets and don't use a flat sheet.  There are various depths for fitted sheets so I'm not sure why it shoud be a problem.  I also only buy cotton/poly sheets not 100% cotton.

I bought a sheet set from Wayfair-fitted sheet 12" pocket  is what it said. It's what I wanted.When it came, the cardboard insert, right on top, glared at me and said  16" pocket. Believe me it's a problem. And if you write to them you NEVER get an answer.

Honored Contributor

The worst sheets I ever bought were made by the Fixxer Upper couple, now known as Magnolia brand. They looked so nice in the pkg. When I opened it I saw that the print (stripes) was only on one side (cheap!!!!) and the fitted sheet was not to be believed. It was so springy that it sprung back in my hands and turned into a little ball almost. It was hilarious trying to keep the corner fitted as I pulled the other corner tryint to reach the second corner. If I let go, it was like BOING and it shot back taking the corner with it that I had in place. Never again. I'm getting agitated just thinking about it, lol.

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't make my bed without them. Don't flat sheets come untucked as you sleep? That would drive me crazy.