Regular Contributor

Re: Do you use vacuum attachments/ accessories?

Absolutely I do. I have a big shedding dog and an even more shedding cat. Dog stays off the furniture but not the cat so I very often am using my tools and attachments to clean the sofa, air vents, counters, other crevices that trap fur and whatnot.

I think I would be lost without vacuum attachments.  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I have the Dyson canister and it came with many attachments. I watch my housekeeper who has the same vacuum and how efficiently she cleans using the attachments and I've learned from her. She dusts our shutters (on every window in the house) with the dusting attachment, our 5 ceiling fans , all the furniture, under the table she dusts the pedestal and the bottom of all the chairs, the chandelier, all the pictures on the walls, the doors which at our house are 6 panel doors and do need to be dusted.

Respected Contributor

I use it in my plantation shutters too.  I use it in between the refrigerator and the cabinet.   Nothing else fits in there to clean it.  I'm not moving the fridge every week.  I clean the air vents.   

I vaccuum every very floor in my house every couple of days.  

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

not very often, just too much of a pain In the neck to switch attachments...but when needed, I do.  I love using my Shark Cordless Navigator Freestyle...it does such a great job on bare floors and carpets.🙆

I wish I had bought a cordless; sure it would get used more often...that cord, UGG!

Honored Contributor

Hardly ever use the attachments my vac came with. Sometimes I use the brush to do my baseboards but it's that often. I live alone so things stay relatively tidy. It's my dog that keeps me cleaning.Woman Very Happy If it wasn't for her my house would be like a clean lab.Woman Very Happy 

Since my golden sheds quite a bit, I bought this attachment to get under things with out having to move them like frig, stove and some furniture. Works really well. It was shocking first time under the frig!Woman Surprised

51mKHAGiwgL._SY355_.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have the attachments to clean your electronics? I bought them at QVC about 20 years ago - one of my first purchases. They are very small and can really get into places nothing else can. We seem to use them all the time.They have a connection to attach them to a regular vacuum hose.

Respected Contributor

I use mine.  My new Shark Rocket has a motorized brush that works really well for upholstered furniture and stairs.  I use the other brushes included for smaller areas and under heat runs.  My favorite though is one that I purchased separately.  It's an under appliance attachment...I love it for under my (nearly to the floor) sectional (stove and fridge, too).  Guess I should add a prideful pic...she says as she puffs up her chest!Woman LOL  The boyz and their toys have nuthin' on US!Woman Wink

Genuine Shark Professional Under Appliance Wand Replacement Part - 138FLIV300

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Super Contributor

Oooooo, I love that!! So useful! Still want a rocket!! 

Respected Contributor

I received a set of the home and car detail kit with my Rocket, but haven't opened them up yet, @151949.  Guess I'll have to give them a try.  Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?