Super Contributor

Do you use vacuum attachments/ accessories?

I am always so excited about all of the attachments that come with vacuums..but then I soon realize that I hardly or never use them! They end up being stored away in the closet. Do you use yours? If so which are your favorites?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use vacuum attachments/ accessories?

No, never.  I love them when I buy the vacuum cleaner, I just don't use them.  My cleaning lady does the drapes, mouldings, seat cushions etc.  She brings her vacuum cleaner.....and attachments.

Honored Contributor

Me three.  I bought the shark liftaway and it has a bunch of extra parts.  They take up a lot of room.  On my small handheld oreck, I recently started using a brush.  Had the vacuum for ten years.

Super Contributor

I have a canister vacuum and really only use the carpet attachment and the hard floor attachment.  The other attachments are good to have when a mess comes up and you really need them but that hardly ever happens for me. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a Shark last fall and I put all of the extras in the drawstring bag that came with, and they are still there.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Yes, I do.  If you don't, then how do you vacuum your upholstered furniture, along the baseboards and where the walls meet the ceiling, where sometimes you can see cobwebs collecting in the corners? I also use them to vacuum ceiling fan blades, door jams, cold air return registers, in between kitchen cabinets and the refrigerator, under the stove, and carpeted stairs, among other uses. Would not purchase a vacuum that does not include attachments.

Valued Contributor

I use the edging tool on my upright about every other time I vacuum. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I do also.

Always buy a vacuum with attachments. 

Honored Contributor

@WSfan wrote:

Yes, I do.  If you don't, then how do you vacuum your upholstered furniture, along the baseboards and where the walls meet the ceiling, where sometimes you can see cobwebs collecting in the corners? I also use them to vacuum ceiling fan blades, door jams, cold air return registers, in between kitchen cabinets and the refrigerator, under the stove, and carpeted stairs, among other uses. Would not purchase a vacuum that does not include attachments.

I use the small round one for lampshades, works great. And also for everything you named.

Super Contributor

I have a smaller handheld vacuum, as well as incredible microfiber dusters with extensions for those tasks. I do use an upholstery brush, crevice tool and extension wand on the handheld. As for my upright, I just hardly use them!