Honored Contributor

Re: Do you switch out your bed comforter, etc. for seasons, holidays?

I have a few decor pillows and throws with a holiday them that I put out, but not in the bedrooms--just appropriate weighted  things for the warm months and cold months.

Respected Contributor

Just changed ours yesterday. A real chore removing the mattress to put the bedskirt on.  But I did it.  I change out at least 2x a year, sometimes more.  I currently have 4 comforter sets and it's a challenge to decide which one to use.  I'm a sucker for comforter sets and find nice selections at Croscill's web site.  Prices are great when they have sales and free shipping with $99 purchase.  

Honored Contributor

I am getting ready to do that later today.  I will wash the blanket on the bed now and replace with comforter plus duvet for the fall/winter months.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Yes, I change my bedding in the wintertime. I keep my house very cold at night...like around 50'.  I need heavy blankets and also my electric heated mattress pad. My dog sleeps on my bed next to me and she loves it when I turn on the heat on the mattress pad.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine are reversible, different colors on each side.  I flip them over each season or mood whichever comes first. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I do not.

I spent a lot of time finding just the right top of the bed set, matches my wallpaper and border perfectly, I love it and the look of the room, and the decor in there does not lend itself to changing to seasonal colors or other patterns. 

I built the colors/patterns in that room to (my idea of) perfection, and I don't want anything else in there.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I do. No choice here in Pennsylvania. I really really really dislike winter and I am not looking forward to another. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🥶🥶🥶🥶

Honored Contributor

I used to till I purchased a blanket that resembles a comforter from QVC.  It was great in the summer time when I first got it.  Since the weather turned cool,  just used a blanket with it.  Quite cozy with it.  After that I got rid of the old bed spread and just use this. 

Respected Contributor

Yes. 

I don't change for the holidays, but I have 3 quilts I change out seasonally and one comforter with a duvet cover for winter.

I really only need two - the comforter for winter and a light quilt for the other 9 months, but I went crazy when HSN sold the Margaritaville bedding sets and now I've got 3 Margaritaville quits and one Margaritaville duvet cover. And 3 of them are reversible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my bedroom I use a neutral quilted bedspread with jewel tone curtains in the winter, and a blackout shade in the summer.   

I use the same things over over and over until they wear out, or I tire of them.