Super Contributor

Re: Do you switch out your bed comforter, etc. for seasons, holidays?

No, not the bed comforter.  I don't have any storage for extra comforters.  I do switch out kitchen towels, runners, and finger towels for the bathroom per season. 

Respected Contributor

Nope.  We use the same navy blue quilt all year round.   In winter I add a white duvet for cold nights.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

Linens are a weakness for me.

Switch quilt, dust ruffle spring and fall, add or remove blankets.  Sometimes more often.

No holiday changes.

@Drythe...What kind of dust ruffle do you have?...Mine seems to grow over time!...LOL

It is fine when I first put it on the bed but then, as time goes on, it starts to drag.

It is from Cuddledown and is lovely and of very good quality.

Do you have the wrap-around style?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Just wondering how many change their comforters, quilts, coverlets, shams, etc. to match seasons, holidays?

I always want to do one for summer, one for winter, and perhaps a special one for Christmas, but they are so expensive and also, the storage issues.

I just keep one set forever and ever until its over and done!  I'm about there now!  I do love the one I have but its looking worn.

Thanks for your replies!

No.  I don't switch out.  I changed and add blankets though.  If looking for a new comforter set, I highly recommend Big Lots..  I got a new one for my king size bed.  It includes the comforter, 2 decorative pillows, 2 sets of sheets, 2 pillow shams and a beautiful throw.  It was $70.  And I just got a queen for my daughter, includes I mentioned except sheets.  I'm pleased with the quality.  Plus....there are always coupons and rewards.

@ScrapHappy 

Thanks!  Good deal!  I will remember that!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I don't switch out pillows or my comforter, but I do change out my sheets. Lighter weight ones in the hot summer and heavier/warmer ones in the very cold winter. Sometimes I will take the extra blanket off in the summer and put it back on in the winter. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Last spring I did buy some clearance winter Soft & Cozy blankets. Hopefully I'll remember to use them.  We both  love S&C.

@AngelPuppy1   HSN still has some on clearance

Soft & Cozy Plush Holiday Printed Blanket

Soft & Cozy Foil Printed Plush Blanket

@Mary Bailey 

Those are both very cute!!! 

Regular Contributor

There was a time when I switched out the quilts or comforters on our bed.  We downsized about 4 years ago and I went with a new comforter set.  I selected one that I could just add a colorful blanket/throw when needed.  I don't miss the changing of the bedding at all and have saved so much storage space.  It is definitely a storage issue for us.

Honored Contributor

Thanks,everyone!  I see a lot change from warm weather to cold!  I keep thinking I will do that but haven't so far.  The only thing I do is add extra blankets for warmth.  I used to use flannel sheets in winter but don't really care for the feel of them any more.  I have thought about getting a very neutral bedspread of some sort and then just getting inexpensive throws for seasonal accents. That way, it would be a change to go with seasons, etc, but not be very expensive.  

Thank you, all, for your posts!!  It was enjoyable reading everone's tastes! 

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA wrote:

There was a time when I switched out the quilts or comforters on our bed.  We downsized about 4 years ago and I went with a new comforter set.  I selected one that I could just add a colorful blanket/throw when needed.  I don't miss the changing of the bedding at all and have saved so much storage space.  It is definitely a storage issue for us.

@Denise in PA 

I did not see your post, but you wrote pretty much what I had just written!  Just to add a colorful throw instead of replacing the whole set!  Much more economical and easier to store!  

Respected Contributor

I don't do Holiday themed bedding, but I do swap out Spring and Summer weight comforters and throws for more heavy weight Fall and Winter ones. Then my husband keeps the window open a few inches for fresh air and to keep the bedroom on the colder side. I like it colder for sleeping.