Super Contributor

Re: Do you dry your floor after washing?

No, never ! Want it to air dry.

Honored Contributor

Most of my floors are carpet (unfortunately), but my kitchen and baths are tile. I do not dry them.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

On 12/9/2014 wismiss said:

I have the Haan steam mop and it dries before I would even have the chance to do it.

I used to have a steam mop. I loved it. After my second one broke I went back to the mop........ I'm not going to stop drying the floor even though I am apprently odd for it lol I wouldn't wash a counter or table and not dry it. It's the last step to cleaning it I think. Plus it can help get up some more dirt too.....Vivian that's terrible. I'm glad you didn't break your hip but how scary :-( they wash the break room floor at my work around the time my shift has dinner. I'm always worried someone (me!) is going to fall
Super Contributor

Never

Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 ID2 said:

I just have linoleum floors in my kitchen (yes '90's!). When I wash my floors I have to get down on my hands and knees with a bucket of soapy water, scrubbie sponge, old toothbrush and a few cloths for rinsing and drying! I'm not one for damp mopping, I have to scrub along the floor boards and definitely in those pesky corners with my toothbrush! After I wash I take one of the rags (that's wet with water) and rinse what I've washed. Then I take a dry rag and dry what I've done. Love having a nice clean floor!

How often do you do this?

Honored Contributor

The only floors I have that aren't carpeted are wood, and I use a Don Aslett microfiber wet mop on them. I wring it out really well, so it dries in just a minute after washing, I really don't have time to go back and dry it.

If I had tile or vinyl floors, I could see needing to dry them perhaps, as I would tend to want to get them wetter than I do the wood, but then I'd probably invest in a steam mop and not need to dry them anyway. .

Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 ID2 said:

I just have linoleum floors in my kitchen (yes '90's!). When I wash my floors I have to get down on my hands and knees with a bucket of soapy water, scrubbie sponge, old toothbrush and a few cloths for rinsing and drying! I'm not one for damp mopping, I have to scrub along the floor boards and definitely in those pesky corners with my toothbrush! After I wash I take one of the rags (that's wet with water) and rinse what I've washed. Then I take a dry rag and dry what I've done. Love having a nice clean floor!

Most people today scoff at 'hands and knees' cleaning, but it really is necessary to get in the corners and hidden areas. I have terribly bad knees, and can no longer get down like I used to, but at least once every couple of weeks, I get down on the floor on my hind end and scoot around to scrub in the recesses. The rest of the time I have to be satisfied with a damp Don Aslet microfiber mop.

Nothing compares to a really clean floor!

Respected Contributor

No...never even thought about doing that.

Honored Contributor

I sometimes will wipe it down, not to the point of being fully dry but to remove most of the excess moisture. More often, I let it dry on its own.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Funny! We all do the same things, don't we, but in different ways.

I attempt to keep my floors clean, but with two 90+ lb dogs and a husband who will wear his shoes in, I feel like giving up! I don't dry my indoor floors after a wash, but I did dry my front porch floor the other day, because I need to keep the pretty polyurethane pine planks sound. It's easily 30'x10' and could be a bear to replace.

Cogito ergo sum