Super Contributor

Do you dry your floor after washing?

I always do. I was having one of those "what I did this weekend" conversations at work and mentioned washing the floor and drying it. She seemed to think it was odd. Does anyone else dry the floor?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you dry your floor after washing?

No. I have wood floors. I use a washable type microfiber Swiffer. I vacuum well then use the wet Mop head on my floors. I let them dry on their own.
Trusted Contributor

I have the Haan steam mop and it dries before I would even have the chance to do it.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

Nope, and neither did my mom.

But always do what is right for you. 8)

Honored Contributor

I just have linoleum floors in my kitchen (yes '90's!). When I wash my floors I have to get down on my hands and knees with a bucket of soapy water, scrubbie sponge, old toothbrush and a few cloths for rinsing and drying! I'm not one for damp mopping, I have to scrub along the floor boards and definitely in those pesky corners with my toothbrush! After I wash I take one of the rags (that's wet with water) and rinse what I've washed. Then I take a dry rag and dry what I've done. Love having a nice clean floor!

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

We use the Bissell animal steam cleaner for the kitchen and bathroom floors.

With our old linoleum floor in the kitchen, I used to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the floor. A torn meniscus in my knee stopped that routine. Hence the steam cleaner.

Esteemed Contributor

My answer is I SHOULD HAVE dried the floor. One month ago I mopped my Pergo floor and couldn't wait to cross the kitchen to put the mop away. So, in my leather soled loafers I proceeded to walk across the wet floor. I went flying. I landed hard on my left side with severe bruising from elbow to hip to knee. I'm OK now but I will NEVER do that again. My doctor said if I didn't work out every day, I might have broken my hip. My knee is still sore but I've been able to return to the Y for my workouts.
Honored Contributor

No.

Respected Contributor

On 12/9/2014 ID2 said:

I just have linoleum floors in my kitchen (yes '90's!). When I wash my floors I have to get down on my hands and knees with a bucket of soapy water, scrubbie sponge, old toothbrush and a few cloths for rinsing and drying! I'm not one for damp mopping, I have to scrub along the floor boards and definitely in those pesky corners with my toothbrush! After I wash I take one of the rags (that's wet with water) and rinse what I've washed. Then I take a dry rag and dry what I've done. Love having a nice clean floor!

WOW ! now that is impressive. and pretty amazing too.

my guess is that you have a small kitchen and no children or pets? and that you are also young. it's much harder to be on your knees after a certain age.

either way, GOOD FOR YOU and i bet you have the cleanest floors in town.