Honored Contributor

Re: Do you clean with bleach?

Yes, I clean with bleach in the bathroom. I used to work in a preschool, where we always cleaned with a 10:1 water:bleach solution and also used to teach CPR, which required us to clean the mannequins with the same solution. I ruined a lot of clothes back then because having to wear clothes I could show up to work in AND had to wear to clean with bleach was a terrible, terrible thing. No apron makes you 100% safe.

Now that I only need to use it at home, I make sure I'm wearing white shirts and the same pair of old pants every time I clean - so much easier. I open windows, turn on the bathroom fan, and clean the shower/tub and curtain liner with bleach.

Frequent Contributor

You're right, ChynnaBlue, I'm tempting fate about ruining my clothes. I used to have a pair of scrubs that I wore while cleaning. I need to get another pair. I've enjoyed reading all the helpful responses! When I saw news reports of health officials using bleach during the horrible Ebola scare, I took note. I figured it could surely help during cold and flu season -- when used properly.
Valued Contributor

Thank you Beauty Junkie. I am always cleaning with bleach(diluted). I do not use where my cats go. I do use diluted vinegar. I never put one on top of other, but I am glad you told me about the two together. I do know I never mix bleach with any OTC cleaners....toxic, but I did not know vinegar. Thank you again.