Honored Contributor

Re: Do not purchase anything from J.C.Penneys.com

I’ve returned items in the mail just using the bag they sent it in. Our Rite Aid used to do Penney’s returns but not anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923

that's interesting because I order a lot from JCP.  I live about a hour from nearest store in great mall.  I just figure a day to shop other stores in the area and return.

If you don't have close store perhaps you should call again & speak to a supervisor, although, it was your mistake not theirs so I assume you will have to incur return shipping.  

I have always had good experience with Penney's and I only order if store(s) offers free shipping both ways just for these reasons.

Respected Contributor

@viva923  I am so sorry that you had trouble with JCP online.  I ordered from their online store many times and never had a problem.  

Trusted Contributor

i purcase all my curtains from there because they have good deals plus $$ off... also i just got a beautiful tote from there for over 40.00  off... but i never return anything so that i dont know about.. i will never order clothes from online.. i have to try everything on 1st

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with JCP...but that doesn't mean that the rest of us shouldn't continue to order from them. Everything I've ever ordered has been just fine!

You have to do what's right for you.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just purchased several tops and pants from JCP, no issue with my on-line order. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for that bad experience.

That being said I could never shop anywhere if I counted all the stuff stores have done that was awful including, up to and still internet/cable providers.

I really get some great house items and prices from Penny's.

Honored Contributor

I can return the shirt to the Penney's store which is quite a hike for us. One store is a good 30+ minute drive one way, the other store is a good 40+ minute drive one way and traffic that can be a nightmare. My husband said he would brave the traffic next week sometime and return the shirt to the store. I just will never ever order from Penney's unless that was the only store left with the exact item I absolutely needed

Trusted Contributor

@hopiwrote:

Sorry for that bad experience.

That being said I could never shop anywhere if I counted all the stuff stores have done that was awful including, up to and still internet/cable providers.

I really get some great house items and prices from Penny's.

i was so upset when pennys closed at my mall.... but online has good deals 

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, I live about half hour from JCP so it's not a problem to return to the Store. If you did not receive the shirt in a shirt box why should you have to send it back in a shirt box? Send it back in the bag.

A shirt isn't too heavy so I would send it by Priorty Mail  which also gives you $50 insurance.