Honored Contributor

Bought an oster electric turkey roaster that is like an oven for 17.99...regularily 60.00.this think is big enough to bath a baby.I roasted a chicken last night and it was great.Tomorrow I am going to make muffins in it.The thing gets up to whatever temperature you set it for faster than my oven.I think it will use less power too but the price is crazy for what it will do.The only problem is storage as the thing is big.

Honored Contributor

Re: Great deal at Fred Meyer

This sounds like the old Nesco roasters that QVC used to sell.  You'd have to cook a lot of turkeys to justify the use of valuable kitchen storage space.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

This sounds like the old Nesco roasters that QVC used to sell.  You'd have to cook a lot of turkeys to justify the use of valuable kitchen storage space.

I have one of those huge Nesco roasters....it's been in the basement for years!

Super Contributor

@dexwrote:

Bought an oster electric turkey roaster that is like an oven for 17.99...regularily 60.00.this think is big enough to bath a baby.I roasted a chicken last night and it was great.Tomorrow I am going to make muffins in it.The thing gets up to whatever temperature you set it for faster than my oven.I think it will use less power too but the price is crazy for what it will do.The only problem is storage as the thing is big.

OH my gosh!!! Where was it a clearance? I'll have to check my Freds tommorow I really hope I'm as lucky as you Smiley Happy CONGRATULATIONS!!! on great find

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

I agree . I got one as a wedding gift and loved it when I used it, but really , it took up a lot of space. I kept it in the basement so DH would have to carry it up & down for me on those rare occasions I used it. BTW - mine was a Westinghouse roaster, because that was the brand you buy in Pittsburgh.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I know storage is the problem but my oven isn't working too well and this thing rocks...for the price I can't even get a new oven element and this thong cooks great.I will store in closet under my stairs for now.

Honored Contributor

I remember when I was a child every kitchen had a Westinghouse roaster in it. They were large but came with a metal stand that they fit onto perfectly.From the oldest to the most modern - every kitchen had a roaster. 

We got ours as a wedding gift from DH's aunt and used it 28 years. When we downsized to Florida I gave it to that Aunt's granddaughter who still uses it a lot - It's 35 years old now.