Respected Contributor

@KathyM23

I dont use crock pot when we are away either!  I do not trust them.  I always feared something would happen during the day- car accident, etc and then the crock pot is left unattended for 12 hours+

Honored Contributor

We no longer run our dishwasher when we aren't at home, nor our dryer for those exact reasons! Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

I won't leave my crock pot on, when not at home either....You can never be too careful.. 

Respected Contributor

@jlkzwrote:

That bottom ring on the DW floor gets extremely hot: I once went to retrieve a spoon that slipped from my hand and I got a severe burn on the back of my finger.

Therefore, whenever I have anything plastic to wash, it goes into the top rack and in such a way that it cannot fall to the bottom.

I am down to the last 2-basket  box of Finish rinse agent.  The plastic basket locks securely onto the top rack.  It cannot fall and melt or cause a fire.  When they are gone, I will switch to a liquid:  no pods for me.

Since the DW is the only appliance I have left running when I leave the house, after reading these posts that will end.

Thanks for the info.

@jlkz  I make my own pods, no plastic. They do a much better job than anything you can buy.

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoewrote:

Wow - this is pretty scary.  We always run the DW right before we go to bed.  Might have to rethink that.  

I use the Finish pods too in plastic.  It seems like they used to make a type with no wrapping at all - maybe that's a better way to go.

Thanks for the heads up!

@FranandZoe  Try making your own pods, they cost less and do a better job.

Honored Contributor

It is scary.  I never run the dishwasher, washer or dryer when I'm going out or to bed.  I also don't use the heated dry cycle in the dishwasher.  I just open the door and let it air dry.