Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

While I like the look of all the kitchens posted, I'd prefer an island to having a dining table in the middle of my kitchen.  

Honored Contributor

I like the images but like @ninjawife   I'd prefer an island with seating.

I have a dining room that we rarely use and a kitchen to small for a table.

If it's just DH and me we eat in the family room and watch the news at dinner time.

Esteemed Contributor

I like dine in kitchens but not a fan of all wood tables & hard wooden chairs.I have a dine in kitchen & have a Formica table that looks like marble & very comfortable soft chairs with supportive backs. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think they all have their own unique beauty. I love the lighting fixtures in all of them. The last one is too dark for me I think its because the ceiling is so low. My favorite is the 4 th one. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like #1 and #4.

Esteemed Contributor

I like eat in kitchens but not the table in the center of the room. 

Respected Contributor

I love #1 it is really not my style (farmhouse) but it is lovely, very well done.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dine In Kitchens

[ Edited ]

I like the looks of the kitchens in photos 1 thru 5---nice examples of country/rustic/farmhouse style ----

but I dont particularly care for the last kitchen....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I lean towards eat in kitchens with a table versus an island with seating.  Mainly because I don't like my legs and feet dangling down for any length of time. (Old age complaint!)

But I also like a table better because it just seems strange to me to have several people all in a row eating cafeteria style.  ("Slide the salt down, please)  I suppose the younger generation likes that style though.  Guess I'm guilty of not keeping up with the times! 

Man plans. God laughs.