Honored Contributor

Re: Described as British Colonial

@Nonametoday wrote:

that's very beautiful but it is not what I think of as British colonial.  But then I think of it as campaign furniture, heavy Chippendale, palm trees, those fans used by the cabana boys, indoor/outdoor shutters to protect the interiors from the gales, moquito nets, rattan and rosewood chairs.  The windows are reminiscent of BC as is the light-colored sofa.

I once (thought) decorated in British Colonial and it looked a lot like this except I had ivory trim, coffered ceilings and wheat colored walls.

I love this one.  Not feeling the original post.

Honored Contributor

The first room is very pretty but not for me..I would love it in a home I visit.

I can't tell if the walls are wallpaper or tile.

I really like the second room..beautiful and warm.

Honored Contributor

I do not like the green chair and gold chair with that sofa.  Looks like amateur design work gone wrong for the room.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The sofa & tables in the first room are ok, but not loving the rest. I like the furnishings better in the second room minus the pear artwork. 

Esteemed Contributor

The sofa is OK but there's not much else I care for in this room.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I am not familiarwith British Colonial but this looks good.  I especially like the pear painting above the fireplace.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

The first photo room give me the sense of English dry and emotionally stilted.  Love the second.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be wrote:

The first photo room give me the sense of English dry and emotionally stilted.  Love the second.

LOL!  Dry and emotionally stilted....now that's a new room description for me!  Not exactly sure what it means but I think it would be easy to take this room to a more casual cozy look with a few minor adjustments.

Honored Contributor

Very pretty rooms........but in the first one Id get a different coffee table ---- Im not a fan of glass ones....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”