Honored Contributor

Described as British Colonial

BC40

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Described as British Colonial

I like the room but, I don’t like the mixture of the colors of the fabrics on the chairs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

that's very beautiful but it is not what I think of as British colonial.  But then I think of it as campaign furniture, heavy Chippendale, palm trees, those fans used by the cabana boys, indoor/outdoor shutters to protect the interiors from the gales, moquito nets, rattan and rosewood chairs.  The windows are reminiscent of BC as is the light-colored sofa.

I once (thought) decorated in British Colonial and it looked a lot like this except I had ivory trim, coffered ceilings and wheat colored walls.

Honored Contributor

Whatever the design I'll take it.  It is lovely.

Honored Contributor

I would never have this for my home but I could see being invited to visit and appreciating it all (if that makes sense lol!) 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Both @jubilant's OP and the room posted by @Nonametoday are really very appealing rooms, but the second reads more as British Colonial to me. The OP doesn't strike me as being of that style at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I do like both rooms.  The first reminds me of a British living room in India when the British occupied the country. It looks warm and inviting.

Honored Contributor

Lovely yes, and to me just a traditional decor.  Nothing whatsoever about British Colonial. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

BC40

Love it   In the other photo I hate the art work.  A pear in that room is so like a staged home in real estate   Meant to be non provoking.  I am more fussy about artwork than i am about somethings .   I love the colors in photo above

Esteemed Contributor

To stuffy for me.