Honored Contributor

I see a lot of "what do I do with these built in niche?" posts, and I came across this photo.

Do you like the way the niches have been decorated?

May be an image of sofa and living room

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I do like them!  Very much!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Honestly, no. I would have added some greenery (like an ivy plant in a pot with a mini trellis and it cascading down below the shelf/flat surface)...COLOR! I appreciate that there is no stark white, but the lack of color in the room, for me, leaves much to be desired.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Honestly, no. I would have added some greenery (like an ivy plant in a pot with a mini trellis and it cascading down below the shelf/flat surface)...COLOR! I appreciate that there is no stark white, but the lack of color in the room, for me, leaves much to be desired.

@Susan Louise 

There is greenery to the left, FYI.

Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating Niches

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise 

There is greenery to the left, FYI.

@lolakimono  I saw that tree...

I was focused on the 2 smaller niches.

I should have said 'more greenery'. In that room, just having that tree is pretty sparse. I'd feel like I was in a desert...LOL

Honored Contributor

I think they are nicely done.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it. My sister´s family room has the Niches but there are more shelves. The fire place is in the middle and there is space on top for a TV. She has three children and has all their trophies and awards on the shelves. Looks great and well organized.

One thing I don´t like is anything cascading anywhere. People do this with plants, but it´s not my thing.  I sometimes think that there are bugs hiding in the cascading plants.

Honored Contributor

No, but nothing else in the room appeals to me either.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, they've done a nice job.  They can't do much height because the lights are so low.  I've always wanted a niche I could decorate.  They use a lot of arched ones in Southwest style homes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It looks very clean to me and the niches aren't distracting being neutral.