Valued Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

Gee, I haven't posted in about 5 weeks!

You all are doing so well, you inspire me. Smiley Happy

Since my last post, I have tossed 1 panty, 1 sock,  and 1 jar opener.

I recycled 9 boxes and gave 19 to my neighbor.

I donated to the shelter: 4 containers of soup, 20 hangers, 1 long sleeve turtleneck top, 1 blazer, 1 elastic waist pants,1 pair gloves, and a pair of socks.

511 items gone YTD

I also try to take the plastic bags back for recycling every time I go to the grocery store. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far, the sound system (?) and the artwork are spoken for, I originally had wanted these things gone by Sunday, but I had to tell those wanting the things to wait a few days. I have caught a cold that continues to get worse each day, it seems, and I don't want anyone catching it from me. So I have everything all cleaned and sitting in the room closest to the door for whenever pickup day will be.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hope you are feeling better soon, @Snicks1 .

Honored Contributor

@alicedee, thank you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who still cook and bake for the fall and upcoming holidays it's a good idea to purge the pantry soon, so you know exactly what you have and what to restock and there will be room to store all your fresh ingredients, spices and food items. Get rid of all the "summer snacks & treats, etc. Earlier this month I purged the pantry , fridge & freezer, the latter still packed full.

I have been very busy this month. Trying to make time this week to change over the coat closet and my wardrobe, including shoes. I hope to have all that done by the end of the month as the cold weather has definitely arrived

Honored Contributor

I dropped off a stack of towels, in excellent condition, to the center this morning. I thought about donating them to the local animal shelter, but decided since these had gotten very little use, to give for human use. I do donate any worn linens and bedding to the animal shelter though.Then I went next door and dropped off my recycling. At certain times of the day I feel a bit better today, then other times I feel lousy. Hopefully the times of feeling better will take over, completely.
Esteemed Contributor

Today I purged several containers of expired yogurt from the fridge.Fortunately, I found two that were still good so I could have one for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad that someone piped up to ask for the sound system @Snicks1   I have a sony boom box that plays cassettes and since I have a shoebox full of cassettes, I value that boombox.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I tossed two inexpensive runners because I didn't want to risk the latex backing coming off in my washer or the laundromats washer.  I also had to say goodbye to a pair of easy spirit clogs that I managed to flatten out and wear down (daily use).  I more than got my return of investment on those clogs.  

I don't know why I feel like I'm forgetting an item.  It might have been a tube of caulk that went bad.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Occasional Contributor

Easy Spirit clogs is something I need to purge 😞 It's a problem.. baby steps