Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@stevieb 

I've seen this room before, and I still like it. I like the mix of warm colors. I also like most of the furnishings and accessories. Looks very real & livable to me. 

Yes, it's probably dated by today's style preferences, but that doesn't bother me. I would never change my home just to keep up with trends. I stick with what I like. I change wall colors and window treatments occasionally, but changing out furnishings and appliances every time a new home trend comes along would be quite expensive.

I don't care for all the grey, white, and bland neutral colors that seem to be popular now. Just not my style. 

100% totally agree with all that. I am basically the same style I've always been, cottage, some shabby chic, farmhouse, coastal, cozy...no gray walls or bland furniture here either. I do like neutrals, but not the cool grays...I like buttery ivories, soft whites, and natural sandy accented nature pieces...with pops of seasonal color. Clean and airy too. 

There's a generational trend toward simple, bland, minimal. Not me...while I don't like clutter, I love a curated look that's filled with things you love.

Honored Contributor

The Dining room chairs. light fixture, and print pillows stand out as dated to me.

I think a few tweaks would make a great updated improvement to this space.

Respected Contributor

If it's dated, it's a date that I truly like. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I especially love the pumpkin colored elements.  There's enough white in the trim work to lighten things up a bit.

It would be fun, and easy, to add (especially) shades of blue in and about.  And I love pumpkin and aubergine together.

The furniture's a little overstuffed for my taste, but I'd take it!

Dated?  Probably not - probably the next big thing.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE it!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

If it is "dated" it would be to someone who follows fads and trends rather than classics.  

If a room is "faddish" it gets dated.  If it is classics, you see comfort, good construction, and good design and layout.

If it is a certain period and style, then in a few years it screams "dated."  Or "not up to current fashion."

But then I guess Versaille would be "dated."  

Respected Contributor

Looks like a beautiful room and home to me.  Clean, comfortable, nicely lit -

Guess I'm not as picky as most.  I'd be proud and happy if that were my home.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Super Contributor

Well if this room is dated and old style I guess that describes me too ! I like it !!  Heart

Honored Contributor

It works for me!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

These people definitely have a color theme going.  All the throw pillows need to go.  One on the sofa is enough.  The stainless steel refrigerator does not fit in with the warm theme they have going.  They would have been better off with the hidden refrig behind cabinet boards.

kindness is strength