Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@lolakimono   Is it a container to drop their goals (written on a small piece of paper) into? 

@jubilant 

Closer, but no.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   Is is for voting?  

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@lolakimono   Is is for voting?  

@jubilant 

No ma'am.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Student goals for the term, and then review an end of a set time?

Or you pick one per a certain time period and check to see how it’s going for them?

I’m a teacher, can’t Wait to see.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Hint #3 (and a view of my "helper").  

@Drythe 

@jubilant 

@LTT1 

@godi 

@GingerPeach 

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Drawing out of the container thoughts for the day or color schemes?

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@lolakimono Drawing out of the container thoughts for the day or color schemes?

@jubilant 

Are you ready for the reveal or do you want to keep guessing?  This one is pretty warm.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I'm ready!

Honored Contributor

Here is the reveal.

@jubilant 

@Drythe 

@LTT1 

@godi 

@GingerPeach 

Spoiler

As usual, I was trying to use up what I had (miscellaneous cans of spray paint from other projects) and combine something "new."

The brass did not float my boat, but I bought it for the shape. The item that I originally bought it to go with was too big, so I had to go back to the drawing board.

First, I painted the lid aqua.

If you saw my original lamp makeover thread, it's the color of the shade that I spray painted.  I left the edges brass so that the paint would not chip from opening/closing the container.

While that was drying, I painted the inside pink (this is the same color as my lamp base and my bull).

Then I protected the inside and painted the outside purple.

I didn't want to lose the detailing, so I went over that with a gold Sharpie paint pen.

I used these fabric pieces and slipped them into the plastic frames.

I had considered the small business card frames, but the frames went beyond the panels of the container.  These have magnets on the back, but the magnet does not stick so I had to hot glue the panels to the sides of the container.

I had purchased these two sets of conversation starters in Spanish/English from Amazon.

I took out any duplicates and merged the two sets. In a "normal" school year we do Community Circles on Mondays, where we take some class time (schoolwide) to get to know each other. I figured this will be even more important when we return to school, so I wanted to have a "fancy" container from which to pick our questions as the acrylic box left me uninspired.

So that's what it's for and what it looks like, a bit of flair for a Spanish teacher.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Beautiful, clever, creative. I'm loving the care and precision you took with each step. Will you explain to your students how you crafted it?

Pat on the back to me for guessing color would be a main feature. Woman Wink

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.