Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Nightowlz@gizmogal

WANGY TWANGY...that’s what mine likes, too! 😂 

@LTT1

Is Wangy Twangy another term for Blue Grass?   

Just recently heard an album of blue grass religious music that is really good ... quite high on the charts!

@ALRATIBA

Country WANGY twangy is not blue grass, in my book. Honky Tonk is WANGY twangy! 

Hmmm, as a young teen and 20 in Indiana, we had plenty of blue grass in the 70’s...and it wasn’t country to me.

Which album do you like?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@Nightowlz  Is this a serious thread? I find it difficult to accept that your dh has a job, so I am assuming he pays for the house, yet he has to take the TV outside to watch it? Clean tomorrow. My, my, my...........

@pattypeep Yes this is a serious thread. 

Boy don't you guys ever fun around with your significant other?

Yes DH has a job. He always watches TV outside or in his shed if it's nice outside. He likes to be outside. I just bought him another TV for him to use outside. That's what he wanted for Christmas.

I clean house every day. I'm not doing it all in one day. I do some each day & start over on Mon.

I also use to work. We both paid for the house & many other things we own. Our house is paid for.

It's our house not his.

Considering your attitude, the house may soon become community property to be decided in divorce court.  If I were a judge, I'd probably award everything to him.  Shame on you for showing your "attitude" in this way.  Show the guy some appreciation and shut down the "music" or he may find someone else who is happy to show a little more appreciation for him.

Honored Contributor
I know you are just joking around, but you lost me when you said you clean the house every day. I think I'd skip it the one day my DH had off.
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Nightowlz@gizmogal

@LTT1 LOL!!! I just can't listen to that stuff.

He came in the living room & told me I should listen to some old lady music. He said I'm not a teenager & should not be listening to Maroon 5. I told him just because I'm getting old does not mean I cannot listen to music I like. He told me to quit dancing around the living room singing. LOL!!! That's what I do when I'm cleaning & he's at work.

Old lady music ?? Them' fighting words, turn it up ! LOL. You and your DH keep having fun !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Nightowlz@gizmogal

@LTT1

Is Wangy Twangy another term for Blue Grass?   

Just recently heard an album of blue grass religious music that is really good ... quite high on the charts!

@ALRATIBA

Country WANGY twangy is not blue grass, in my book. Honky Tonk is WANGY twangy! 

Hmmm, as a young teen and 20 in Indiana, we had plenty of blue grass in the 70’s...and it wasn’t country to me.

Which album do you like?

@LTT1

The album is "The Hillbilly Thomists" ... they are a group of Dominican Friars who just released their album.  Moved up the charts quite quickly. 

The story behind their name:  

"In 1955, the southern author Flannery O’Connor said of herself, “Everybody who has read Wise Blood thinks I’m a hillbilly nihilist, whereas. . .I’m a hillbilly Thomist.” She said that her fiction was concerned with the ways grace is at work among people who do not have access to the sacraments. 

Just google "Hillbilly Thomists" and you'll get plenty of lnks to listen.  It's on Spotify if you want to listen.  "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" is fantastic!

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@Nightowlz  Is this a serious thread? I find it difficult to accept that your dh has a job, so I am assuming he pays for the house, yet he has to take the TV outside to watch it? Clean tomorrow. My, my, my...........

@pattypeep Yes this is a serious thread. 

Boy don't you guys ever fun around with your significant other?

Yes DH has a job. He always watches TV outside or in his shed if it's nice outside. He likes to be outside. I just bought him another TV for him to use outside. That's what he wanted for Christmas.

I clean house every day. I'm not doing it all in one day. I do some each day & start over on Mon.

I also use to work. We both paid for the house & many other things we own. Our house is paid for.

It's our house not his.

Life is short ~~ hope you can work out this problem!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest So very true. I lost one too so I know I've been blessed again.

Respected Contributor
@Nightowlz I've heard country described lots of ways, but wangy twangy is a new one on me. Country music was very different back then and very stereotypical of what people thought country was.
Respected Contributor
WOW @151949 's response. How Tammy Wynette of you!
Respected Contributor

Ok. I'm so shocked at the level of June Cleaver, Stepford Wives, Tammy Wynette responses. I say go for it @Nightowlz ! After 42 years, you are doing something right! My hat is off to YOU!