Esteemed Contributor

Re: DD Is On A Sort & Throw Binge!

You gotta love it. Feels so good to do this. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

You can send her over here when she's done.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The most dangerous thing anyone can say is "I'll just....".  It is all chaos from there.

Trusted Contributor

Can you send her to my house when she is done?

We retire in 2 weeks and have already started that process its not easy.  Our biggest issue is books.  No one wants books and quite frankly neither do we any more.

It will feel so great when its done.

Esteemed Contributor

@Miss Pepsi @catter70   She probably would come help.  She took Tuesday and Wednesday off as vaca days.

She has a quilt to sew the binding on and should be doing it instead.  Our neighbor retired (42 years as a nurse) and we just love her so I bought the fabric and DD made her a quilt. She just got it yesterday from the woman who has a long arm quilting machine.

It is beautiful. When it is done I will have to post pics.  

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  yes, please post a pic of the quilt your daughter made. My ex sister in law is a quilter and I know they take a lot of work. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   LOL!  DD came for Christmas last year, and spent the entire time cleaning my frig, all exterior appilances, even under the sink, had to keep climbing over her.  I was annoyed, but I was still decorating so had too much to do.  

If I ever move, she wants to come and help me, maybe not a good idea, lol.

Honored Contributor

Last week, I went to my basement pantry and couldn't find what I wanted, I knew it was in there, so I took everything out and rearranged it.

Next, I hit my small appliances I have stored down there.  And before I knew it, I was cleaning out the whole basement. I do a little everyday.  It is time consuming to go through boxes and shelves and decide what to keep and what goes and also to gather alike stuff together.  I have stuff in a few bins that could be combined into one.

I am working alone, but my DH carries the stuff upstairs to be tossed or donated.  I have to " hide" some things in the garbage bags so he doesn't pull it out again...like old fishing stuff and parts to who knows what that he thinks we might need someday.

This morning, I cleaned out a bathroom wall cabinet and adjusted the shelves while standing on a chair.  I made myself stop before I went any further in that room.

I hate when I have multiple projects going.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie   I hate having too many things going at one time too.  Yesterday she got a wild hair and cleaning  out the cabinets in the  laundry room. 3 of the 4 cabinets are completely empty.

She got on the step stool and got stuff out. All I did was say either chuck it or Goodwill.

You can't see my kitchen table, it is full.  One chair has cookbooks stacked on it.

Honored Contributor

Just be thankful company isn't coming over.  Once I had everything out of my cabinets.  Piled high on the table, counters and even the floor.

My Aunt called and said she would be right over.  A one of my cousins who lives near Chicago flew in and wanted to see my house. Amy Aunt told her how nice it was.  She sure got an eyeful.  I was so embarassed.