Honored Contributor

Crowded Kitchen Remodel

[ Edited ]

I think the after looks crowded. There is very little room for pulling chairs out to sit down & even less for movement. A smaller table would be better. I don't mind the teal color cabinets and dark floor, but I’m not really a fan of glass cabinet doors. 

I actually don’t mind the original kitchen wall color with white cabinets. I really like the wood floor in the before photo. I would definitely change out the table, chairs, furniture, and window treatments though. 

A0D7FA61-B5D0-4524-B3D2-2500EB6A6BD8.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  I love this kitchen, except that the table and chairs are a little too modern for me.  I think that may be the kitchen in my next home.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@wilma 

I could tweek the original into something I’d like more than the final.

Thanks for posting.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I love it!  Before had a grandma cottage look.  The after is sleek and modern.  We never eat at a table so I would forgo the table and put in an island.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not neat enough for glass doors and for me it's to dark. Perspective is off because it looks much larger, two doors are gone and is it still next to the family room? Table throws it all off and is in the way.  Pass on this.

Honored Contributor

It's a little foreboding and dark for me. 

Trusted Contributor

They put a lot more cabinets in, forfeited the island, and the table is much too big for that space. A smaller table would look better.

It is pretty but definitely looks smaller, but I wonder if it is the dark paint? Dark paint makes any room look smaller.

My kitchen still has the retro 1960's look.  I figure since everything old becomes new again, my kitchen will be modern again some day. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think I like the before better. The after is too dark overall. And it looks like they got rid of a walk-in pantry - the door in the corner of the before pic. 

Super Contributor

Re: Crowded Kitchen Remodel

[ Edited ]

I would be black and blue from banging into the chairs, probable trip and fall as well. Not a very safe set up. Imagine opening the oven door and hitting someone in the head.

Honored Contributor

I have very little talent for decorating.  My late husband was the architect, builder and designer in our family.

But when I saw the redo I liked it except I think an island should replace that table.

There’d be more work space and they could just as well eat around the island.

Thats what we did in our house we built.