Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crisp, Fresh Green in the Breakfast Nook...

I love the blinds and the cushions I think the green chairs kinda don’t match. 

Super Contributor

I love everything about this space.  The windows, the color, the minimilaist nature. S/O and I are jigsaw puzzle freaks which would put that table to good use!

Esteemed Contributor

I like this area, but wish the greens matched better in color.

Esteemed Contributor

I normally despise green but this isn't too bad.  I'm not into florals so I wish the roman shades were more of a geometric or even a Moroccan pattern.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

IMO green is a strong color no matter what shade it is.  I only use hints of green in decor, mainly in plants.  I like the pillows but would not use so many.  I do not like the window treatment.

I have two green antique plank bottom chairs done in stencil, given to us by DHs mother.  I never use them in the same room, even though they are a conversation piece.  They are painted similar to the chairs below but in a PA dutch design and in a brighter shade of green.  The chairs are valued at over $700.00 each; not planning to sell them anytime soon. 

Image result for antique plank bottom chairs

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Oh this is gorgeous and so fresh looking!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I normally despise green but this isn't too bad.  I'm not into florals so I wish the roman shades were more of a geometric or even a Moroccan pattern.

@shoptilyadropagain Now see this is what's so fumny about decor and how individual we all are because I like the room, but not being a fan of either, wouldn't like it were the shades either a geometric or a Moroccan design... I'm also getting sort of tired of ikat but could probably live with it...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb    I agree with you--ikat has been done to death.

Green was and remains one of my favorite colors, especially the dark green that used to be seen in old restaurants, but for interior color schemes I tend to now be attracted to blue hues, especially the deep, dark saturated ones.  I'm a tad weary of gray, but still prefer it to interior colors in the beige family.

Have always loved flowered patterns/prints but scale in proportion to where and how used matters and usually looks better to me in small doses/applications.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@stevieb    I agree with you--ikat has been done to death.

Green was and remains one of my favorite colors, especially the dark green that used to be seen in old restaurants, but for interior color schemes I tend to now be attracted to blue hues, especially the deep, dark saturated ones.  I'm a tad weary of gray, but still prefer it to interior colors in the beige family.

Have always loved flowered patterns/prints but scale in proportion to where and how used matters and usually looks better to me in small doses/applications.

@aroc3435  I love green and pretty much all variations of it... And find that most greens work together. I also find it often does work as a neutral. I like blues, but tend to use them for accessories and accents rather than as a main color. I guess when it gets right down to it, I like most colors, as I also use reds, violets, yellows and oranges (mostly in small doses) when I can...

As noted, I'm not often a fan of geometrics and, like ikat (and grey), they've been so widely used lately. Of course, we're seeing more exotic and Asian trends right now, neither of which do much for me...

Like you, I do like florals, but used sparingly... I enjoy pattern, usually as accents, and I love toiles...

I have used significant greys in several rooms, but 'installed' them before the trend pushed it over the top, so have to admit where neutrals are concerned, I'm swinging back more toward off-whites and shades of beige... I recently painted a bedroom in a color called 'doeskin' (awful name), which is a pretty deeper beige with almost pinkish-mauve lowlights. It's a chameleon color that takes on different depths in different lights and I'm loving it!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb    i really like that!  Its very pretty!