Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hey, I'm not quite sure where to post this, as I don't see a craft section.

I crochet "a lot" and I need a gooseneck crafting lamp that is easier on my eyes than the regular gooseneck desk lamp that I am using.

I see so many for sale, but would love suggestions from anyone who has one that they really like.   Something that shines more on my work, and not all over me & in my face.  I hope that makes sense.  

Thank You.  Mistic

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

Re: Craft Lamp Help Please ~

First, make sure you get an LED lamp.  The light is brighter and more natural.  I do needlework and bought a lamp from brightechshop dot com.  I use one with a magnifier.  But, they sell a nice floor model LED lamp for about $47.  The quality of their lamps is much nicer than others that I have had over the years.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

@onlyshopsonline ~  THANK YOU!  I will check them out.  Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

HiI @Mistic , i dont crochet but iwanted a lamo to see detaili and bought an OTT lite task lamp and it is amazing. they sell on thir website and Amazon.  i think they have them at Michaels too. you may want to check it out, happy crafting!

Frequent Contributor

OTT lights/lamps are the best. We have 3. One is a craft light that stands on a table. The other 2 are floor lamps. Amazon has them. JoAnn often has a coupon. They are terrific. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the ladies on YouTube found a light that "snakes" around your neck and onto what you are crocheting.  She may have found it on Amazon.  It can be shaped to go right on your project. HTH  The light shinning on your project not the project itself.

One other lady talked about magnifying and I recall in the jewelry making part on Jewelry t.v., they have an overhead magnifying light you could check on too.

Trusted Contributor

I found a "natural day light" lamp on Amazon for a reasonable price to use at my sewing machine or when I read.  

Honored Contributor

I haven’t had time to do handwork recently, but my favorite lamp clamps to the side of the table, has a gooseneck, and the light source is a circle around a magnifying glass. I’ve had it for AGES, and I think maybe I bought it for my mom to read newspapers when her sight was failing.

I also have a magnifying glass set on a very comfortable halo that has a tiny but well focused battery powered light source. I bought that, also years ago, here at the Q!

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I appreciate it!!! Heart