Honored Contributor

Cozy Traditional Dining Room...

I like it but I'd skip the chair 'skirts'...

body_2-4.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Cozy Traditional Dining Room...

way too traditional for me.

not a fan of anything in that space.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I might not choose that room for my own home, but I would be happy to be invited over for a meal.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a pretty room, but not my style. I would get rid of the chair skirts too. 

This reminds me of the dining room I had during my childhood. It brings back a lot of warm memories sitting around the table. By the way we did not have the chair skirts!

Honored Contributor

I find this room lovely and appealing.  It is comfortable looking and while not my usual taste, I like it a lot! The table cloth is so pretty and I would enjoy sharing a meal at this table.

Valued Contributor

My mother would have adored that room as she was a devotee of candlesticks, Spode Blue Italian, table cloths, and floral centerpieces. All it needs is a lamb shaped cake resting on the tray (shredded coconut over boiled icing, a bell on a ribbon around its neck.)

No table cloths or floral centerpieces or anything ceramic displayed on my dining table after the meal: "If the Earth were flat, cats would have pushed everything off of it by now." 

I do love the breakfront cabinet that would work well in my kitchen. The carpet/rug also is appealing and practical, non-competive with the rest of the rooms furnishings.

Esteemed Contributor

I like everything but the big end chairs and the chair skirts.  Thanks for posting.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for the chair skirts, but really like the room otherwise.  The tablecloth is beautiful!

Respected Contributor

I like it as well.

I would remove the chair skirts and choose another tablecloth  I might opt for all the chairs being the same - either or.

I really like the basket on top of the hutch and the glimpse of soft yellow in the next room.

Honored Contributor

Nicely done in a very traditional style. However, it is for looks and not practicality. Seems to be a room for show rather than use. Nothing wrong with that if you have other spaces for eating and dining.