Honored Contributor

Cozy, Mostly Neutral, Sitting Room...

I find this room warm and appealing. Because it has both texture and pattern, it doesn't, to me, scream out for needed color, despite being mostly neutral.

cdb6ecbf468a77d2c240eb333164b8dd.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cozy, Mostly Neutral, Sitting Room...

These rooms are all to fancy smancy for us. We live in the desert and prefer rustic furniture. Wood, tile and comfortable. Tables made out of tree trunks with copper running through them, leather couches, iron trims etc.

Respected Contributor

this IS rather cozy.  i would have to make a couple of tweaks, but...i'd probably have to change out the coffee table, and perhaps the mantle.  i could stay here. nice

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I definitely like the warmth of this space. The greenery and flowers help a bit with all the neutral colors. I'd prefer lighter sheers at the windows. I don't like the print on the chairs. I'd chose a solid pop of color contrast for the chairs or keep them a solid neutral color and add some colorful pillows. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Sorry but I think those colors are ugly and those drapes -- terrible. The whole room is bad.

Respected Contributor

It is cozy, but somehow I envision a senior couple here. It's a little dated. 

Honored Contributor

Not so much neutral as muddy.  Very old fashioned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am always an automatic no to anything with curtains or drapes and these colors are a big no for me.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh  LOL!  I am an automatic NO to any room without some type of window treatment.  This current trend of naked windows is heinous in my humble opinion.

I can see upholsterers loving it because furniture coverings will fade rapidly, and of course peeping Toms will give the thumbs up--but I can't help but think of my old Irish

aunt who would see an illuminated window without any kind of dressing and exclaim

BUMS!  I guess she really made an impression on me!!!  BTW... my favorite color is anything from light beige to dark chocolate!

As to the room?  I think it is nice but that mantel almost looks plastic.  I would like a 

less shiny one without any fancy carving/design.  There seems to be a lot of rooms with beams on the ceiling.  Is this a thing lately?  I love them in an authentic old tavern or a house from the 17-1800s, but the add-on beams not so much.

Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@gidgetgh  LOL!  I am an automatic NO to any room without some type of window treatment.  This current trend of naked windows is heinous in my humble opinion.

I can see upholsterers loving it because furniture coverings will fade rapidly, and of course peeping Toms will give the thumbs up--but I can't help but think of my old Irish

aunt who would see an illuminated window without any kind of dressing and exclaim

BUMS!  I guess she really made an impression on me!!!  BTW... my favorite color is anything from light beige to dark chocolate!

As to the room?  I think it is nice but that mantel almost looks plastic.  I would like a 

less shiny one without any fancy carving/design.  There seems to be a lot of rooms with beams on the ceiling.  Is this a thing lately?  I love them in an authentic old tavern or a house from the 17-1800s, but the add-on beams not so much.

@781Florist - I don't like naked windows either.  Not a fan of curtains or drapes, but I use 2" blinds on all my windows. I don't want anyone to be able to see in. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?